Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJune 26, 2018
The Jasper Board of Public Works met Tuesday and:
• Approved closing the southwest lane of Hoffman Road near Highway 231 beginning at 2 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday for utility work.
• Approved a block party for the Sugar Pine Drive area.
• Approved renaming a section of Westlin Drive north of Fifth Street to Palmer Drive for 911 purposes in conjunction with Stallings First Addition.
• Approved keeping applications for a labor position at the street department on file for a year in case more openings arise. The department filled the one opening available.
• Approved a closure of Ackerman Road near Jasper Middle School one day this week for utility work for the Jasper Elementary School project.
• Approved seeking quotes for the Patoka River lift project in conjunction with the River Centre project. The project is for sediment removal in the middle of the river. The project will construct a structure in the river to restore the channel to historic banks and to speed the water flow to keep the sediment from settling.
• Approved a 50/50 cost share sidewalk project for 250 feet of sidewalk at 1436 Leopold St. for roughly $1,800. The property owner will pay half the project cost.
• Approved the Indiana Department of Transportation to purchase a sliver of property near St. John Street and Highway 231 near Central Green to build a new retaining wall in conjunction with the construction of a ramp that complies with Americans with Disabilities Act access guidelines
• Heard that bids for the walking path along 15th Street to connect the St. Charles path to the Parklands came in higher than expected. The quotes will be discarded, and the city will work to complete the project internally through the street department.
• Accepted the final plat for the River Centre development on the north side of the Patoka River at the old Jasper Cabinet property.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...