Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardFebruary 8, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday, Jan. 31 and:
• Agreed to postpone meeting with VPS Architecture of Evansville about changes to the library’s main floor until after the library completes its strategic planning process.
• Heard that the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance approved the library’s 2019 budget.
• Approved a quote from Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel for $12,900 for consulting services through the strategic planning process. The library’s current strategic plan expires this year.
• Reviewed the annual financial report that tracks the library’s investments. The report will be submitted to the Indiana Board of Accounts. Elected officers for 2019 are as follows: Casey Lindeman, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Heard that no Public Library Access Cards were sold in the previous quarter. The cards allow people outside of the library’s coverage area to use the services.
• Heard that Chris Neu and Angie McDonald have indicated interest in the vacant seat on the board. The seat will be appointed by the Southwest Dubois School Board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...