Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardFebruary 8, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday, Jan. 31 and:
• Agreed to postpone meeting with VPS Architecture of Evansville about changes to the library’s main floor until after the library completes its strategic planning process.
• Heard that the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance approved the library’s 2019 budget.
• Approved a quote from Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel for $12,900 for consulting services through the strategic planning process. The library’s current strategic plan expires this year.
• Reviewed the annual financial report that tracks the library’s investments. The report will be submitted to the Indiana Board of Accounts. Elected officers for 2019 are as follows: Casey Lindeman, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Heard that no Public Library Access Cards were sold in the previous quarter. The cards allow people outside of the library’s coverage area to use the services.
• Heard that Chris Neu and Angie McDonald have indicated interest in the vacant seat on the board. The seat will be appointed by the Southwest Dubois School Board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...