Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardDecember 28, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville will attend the January meeting to discuss adding seating to the library and repurposing the Indiana Room into a multi-purpose room. The January meeting is set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
• Heard that Hassfurther Masonry of Ferdinand will begin masonry work on the exterior in late February.
• Heard that the 2019 budget has been submitted to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and is awaiting approval.
• Heard that Bookkeeping and More will begin handling the library’s bookkeeping beginning in January. The board approved hiring the company at its November meeting.
• Heard that Director Angie Haake reinvested a certificate of deposit that matured in December for 33 months at 3 percent interest with Freedom Bank.
• Approved the 2019 salary resolution.
• Approved transferring surplus funds from the 2018 budget to the library’s rainy day fund.
• Approved transferring funds into the Library Improvement Reserve Fund.
• Discussed a draft job description and benefits for an assistant director position.
• Discussed hiring a consulting firm to help complete a strategic plan for the library.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter has promoted Sgt. Robbie Lambert to Jasper...