Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardDecember 28, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville will attend the January meeting to discuss adding seating to the library and repurposing the Indiana Room into a multi-purpose room. The January meeting is set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
• Heard that Hassfurther Masonry of Ferdinand will begin masonry work on the exterior in late February.
• Heard that the 2019 budget has been submitted to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and is awaiting approval.
• Heard that Bookkeeping and More will begin handling the library’s bookkeeping beginning in January. The board approved hiring the company at its November meeting.
• Heard that Director Angie Haake reinvested a certificate of deposit that matured in December for 33 months at 3 percent interest with Freedom Bank.
• Approved the 2019 salary resolution.
• Approved transferring surplus funds from the 2018 budget to the library’s rainy day fund.
• Approved transferring funds into the Library Improvement Reserve Fund.
• Discussed a draft job description and benefits for an assistant director position.
• Discussed hiring a consulting firm to help complete a strategic plan for the library.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As both postman and family man, Matt Lorey delivers.
A Jasper man received one of the state’s highest honors on Thursday night.
Shirley J. Ray believes we need to learn every day. As the first-ever director of the Dubois...
Work to add campsites, extend trails and build a restroom/information building could start at...
A one-room schoolhouse that educated generations of Dubois County residents has finally come...
A bill that is moving through the Indiana Senate would extend the statute of limitations for...
Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Ryan McIntyre, who is assigned to...
Suspended about 2 feet above the ground, Erin Rauscher of Yes Power Yoga and her students flew...