Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardDecember 28, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that VPS Architecture of Evansville will attend the January meeting to discuss adding seating to the library and repurposing the Indiana Room into a multi-purpose room. The January meeting is set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
• Heard that Hassfurther Masonry of Ferdinand will begin masonry work on the exterior in late February.
• Heard that the 2019 budget has been submitted to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and is awaiting approval.
• Heard that Bookkeeping and More will begin handling the library’s bookkeeping beginning in January. The board approved hiring the company at its November meeting.
• Heard that Director Angie Haake reinvested a certificate of deposit that matured in December for 33 months at 3 percent interest with Freedom Bank.
• Approved the 2019 salary resolution.
• Approved transferring surplus funds from the 2018 budget to the library’s rainy day fund.
• Approved transferring funds into the Library Improvement Reserve Fund.
• Discussed a draft job description and benefits for an assistant director position.
• Discussed hiring a consulting firm to help complete a strategic plan for the library.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in the former St. Joseph's Hospital building in Huntingburg, will...
St. Joseph Catholic Church’s Father Ray Brenner will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his...