Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardNovember 19, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Library Director Angie Haake is working to schedule a meeting with VPS Architecture of Evansville to discuss proposed floor plans of the library with board members.
• Approved a quote from Hassfurther Masonry of Ferdinand to perform mortar and joint repair work on the brick walls of the library. The work will be completed in the spring.
• Heard that Hunter Paving of Huntingburg plans to complete parking lot work, which was approved at the October board meeting, in the spring.
• Heard that the 2019 budget has been submitted to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance, and is awaiting approval.
• Approved an agreement with the Indiana State Library Consortium for Public Library Internet Access. The agreement allows the library a discount on internet service, currently set at 80 percent.
• Approved the 2019 salary resolution to set staff salaries for 2019.
• Approved hiring Bookkeeping and More of Huntingburg to handle payroll and bookkeeping for the library for $435 per month to begin in January 2019.
• Asked Haake to create a job description for an assistant director position.
• Discussed creating a new strategic plan. The current plan expires at the end of 2019.
• Approved Haake to make necessary year-end fund transfers, including a certificate of deposit that is up for renewal in December. The board approved moving the CD to Freedom Bank where there is a 3 percent interest rate.
• Heard that the next board meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...