Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardAugust 21, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a study by VPS Architecture of Evansville to review adding doors to an existing reading room, to review the library’s schematic layout to create areas for lounge seating, and to provide a cost estimate for options. The study’s cost will not exceed $5,000.
• Approved several new policies, including a staff meeting policy and procedure, staff grievance policy, progressive discipline policy and emergency leave policy.
• Approved an addition to the personnel policy detailing probationary evaluation.
• Heard that Children’s Librarian Lynn Hensley resigned. Her last day will be Wednesday.
• Heard that the 2019 budget hearing will be held at 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, which is the board’s regularly scheduled September meeting. Budget adoption will take place at the October meeting, scheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18. Both meetings will be held at the Huntingburg Public Library, 419 N. Jackson St.
• Approved hiring a part-time clerk.
• Discussed changing the child services librarian and adult services librarian to full-time positions as the library needs additional employee hours. Director Angie Haake will bring a formal proposal for the additional hours to the September meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...