Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardAugust 21, 2018
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved a study by VPS Architecture of Evansville to review adding doors to an existing reading room, to review the library’s schematic layout to create areas for lounge seating, and to provide a cost estimate for options. The study’s cost will not exceed $5,000.
• Approved several new policies, including a staff meeting policy and procedure, staff grievance policy, progressive discipline policy and emergency leave policy.
• Approved an addition to the personnel policy detailing probationary evaluation.
• Heard that Children’s Librarian Lynn Hensley resigned. Her last day will be Wednesday.
• Heard that the 2019 budget hearing will be held at 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20, which is the board’s regularly scheduled September meeting. Budget adoption will take place at the October meeting, scheduled for 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 18. Both meetings will be held at the Huntingburg Public Library, 419 N. Jackson St.
• Approved hiring a part-time clerk.
• Discussed changing the child services librarian and adult services librarian to full-time positions as the library needs additional employee hours. Director Angie Haake will bring a formal proposal for the additional hours to the September meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
When Jerry Hunefeld joined the Dubois County Council in 1974, he had no idea what the job...
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...
Jasper High School freshmen Jane Franklin and Madison Kinder both love to bake. To them, a...
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...