Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardAugust 16, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Hunter Paving and Construction of Huntingburg paved the driveway on July 19.
• Heard that AB Electric of Jasper repaired various lights and light fixtures around the library that were damaged.
• Heard that Kern Tree Service of Dale trimmed and pruned trees in front of the library.
• Heard that high school students Ashlyn Weaver and Kolby Jones were hired as student assistants.
• Heard that the library has an opening for a children’s librarian to work 25 to 30 hours a week.
• Heard that Library Director Lisa McWilliams and board member Chris Neu met with the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance about the library’s 2020 budget.
• Heard that the public hearing on the 2020 proposed budget will be held at the board’s next regular meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19 at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
• Approved transferring $30,000 from the library’s operations fund to the library improvement reserve fund, a sort of savings account for libraries.
• Approved Green Thumb Landscaping of St. Anthony to perform cleanup work around the library for $666.47. The board also discussed having the company do regular maintenance.
• Heard that the library received a credit of $780 in reverse charges for unemployment paid out in April with regard to the termination of former library director Angie Haake.
• Approved a letter to close a credit card account with Bank of America.
• Approved McWilliams to open a credit card account with German American. McWilliams, Board President Casey Lindeman and Board Vice President Carolyn Brewer will be authorized on the account.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Memorial Hospital’s Nursing Honor Guard honors nurses who devoted their careers to caring for...
It’s still early in the school year, but Jasper High School senior David Uebelhor has already...
The federal portion of grant funding for the Huntingburg Airport’s runway extension project...
Keith “Curly” Souders is running on the Republican ticket for the at-large seat on the...
Amber Wahl has announced her intention to run for the Huntingburg Common Council seat for the...
Ireland Elementary is saying, “Salutations,” to the school year with a reading initiative...
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...