Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardJuly 19, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that RG Mechanical of Huntingburg replaced the library’s air conditioning system, and it is working great.
• Heard that Hunter Paving of Huntingburg has started milling the driveway and will begin paving Friday.
• Heard that Director Lisa McWilliams contacted Buschkoetter’s Nursery, Lawn and Garden Center of Jasper about lawn maintenance services. They will get back to her with a quote.
• Heard that McWilliams contacted the library’s electrician, AB Electric of Jasper, about several lights that are out and a switch that needs to be replaced, as well as some lights that won’t turn off.
• Heard that McWilliams plans to hire two high school students to serve as library assistants.
• Approved McWilliams to start the hiring process for a children’s library assistant to help with planning, advertising and outreach to the community.
• Heard that the library’s budget meeting with the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance is set for Tuesday, Aug. 6. McWilliams and board member Chris Neu will attend the meeting.
• Approved the library’s continued membership in the Indiana State Library Consortium for Public Library Access that helps the library get internet service at a major discount.
• Heard that library staff plan to attend school registration to help parents and students sign up for library cards.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...