Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardJuly 19, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that RG Mechanical of Huntingburg replaced the library’s air conditioning system, and it is working great.
• Heard that Hunter Paving of Huntingburg has started milling the driveway and will begin paving Friday.
• Heard that Director Lisa McWilliams contacted Buschkoetter’s Nursery, Lawn and Garden Center of Jasper about lawn maintenance services. They will get back to her with a quote.
• Heard that McWilliams contacted the library’s electrician, AB Electric of Jasper, about several lights that are out and a switch that needs to be replaced, as well as some lights that won’t turn off.
• Heard that McWilliams plans to hire two high school students to serve as library assistants.
• Approved McWilliams to start the hiring process for a children’s library assistant to help with planning, advertising and outreach to the community.
• Heard that the library’s budget meeting with the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance is set for Tuesday, Aug. 6. McWilliams and board member Chris Neu will attend the meeting.
• Approved the library’s continued membership in the Indiana State Library Consortium for Public Library Access that helps the library get internet service at a major discount.
• Heard that library staff plan to attend school registration to help parents and students sign up for library cards.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?
Late last week, after a roughly two-month statewide shutdown, fitness facilities received the...
Work to make Sendelweck Curve less curvy will likely start this fall.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today no new COVID-19 cases in the county.
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...