Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardFebruary 22, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel will begin work on the library’s strategic plan in the next few weeks. To kick it off, the team working with the library wants to meet with Library Director Angie Haake and some board members.
• Heard that Hassfurther Masonry began masonry work around the library’s exterior. Board members were impressed with how closely the new brick matches the existing brick.
• Discussed the job description for an assistant director and set the salary range between $38,000 and $42,000 annually. The position will be full time. The board wants to post the job in March.
• Heard that a letter with candidates to fill the board’s vacant seat was forwarded to the Southwest Dubois School Board, which appoints some members of the board. At its meeting Thursday, the school board appointed Chris Neu to the position. Neu has served on both the library board and the school board in the past.
• Heard that the library is piloting TSheets by Quickbooks to schedule employees and track their working hours. The program is accessible as a phone app or via website.
• Signed a letter to State Sen. Mark Messmer expressing opposition to HB 1343, which allows the counties, cities or towns that have libraries to pass resolutions requiring the libraries to submit proposed budgets and property tax levies to the county, town or city for review. The board and Haake believe the extra oversight is unnecessary since the budget is already reviewed by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and the Indiana State Board of Accounts. Library directors and boards across southern Indiana will be sending the same letter, Haake said.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...
According to a Purdue University press release, people across the country are receiving...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 17 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Kimball International Inc. announced today a new organizational structure to drive market share...
More than 100 people attended the rally, many holding their own signs and wearing shirts that...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 21 new positive COVID-19 cases.