Meeting: Huntingburg Public Library BoardFebruary 22, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel will begin work on the library’s strategic plan in the next few weeks. To kick it off, the team working with the library wants to meet with Library Director Angie Haake and some board members.
• Heard that Hassfurther Masonry began masonry work around the library’s exterior. Board members were impressed with how closely the new brick matches the existing brick.
• Discussed the job description for an assistant director and set the salary range between $38,000 and $42,000 annually. The position will be full time. The board wants to post the job in March.
• Heard that a letter with candidates to fill the board’s vacant seat was forwarded to the Southwest Dubois School Board, which appoints some members of the board. At its meeting Thursday, the school board appointed Chris Neu to the position. Neu has served on both the library board and the school board in the past.
• Heard that the library is piloting TSheets by Quickbooks to schedule employees and track their working hours. The program is accessible as a phone app or via website.
• Signed a letter to State Sen. Mark Messmer expressing opposition to HB 1343, which allows the counties, cities or towns that have libraries to pass resolutions requiring the libraries to submit proposed budgets and property tax levies to the county, town or city for review. The board and Haake believe the extra oversight is unnecessary since the budget is already reviewed by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance and the Indiana State Board of Accounts. Library directors and boards across southern Indiana will be sending the same letter, Haake said.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...