Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryMay 22, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that a new phone system was installed last week.
• Discussed possible improvements to the library. The Library Improvement Committee met with a local contractor to discuss possibilities. The next steps are to work out a budget and choose what work will be done before putting the project out to bid.
• Discussed a draft background check policy and procedure. The policy is part of compliance with a new law that requires libraries to conduct criminal background checks on all current employees, all applicants for employment and volunteer applicants.
• Heard an update on the curbside service and virtual programming the library is providing. Next week, the library will offer 45-minute computer usage appointments, and computers will be sanitized after each use.
• Heard that the summer reading program will begin June 2 and consist of a mix of virtual and in-person programming, depending on COVID-19 guidelines.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
This is the last school year Mark Jahn will be principal of Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19-related death in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday seven new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday six new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Tom Schmitt sat in his pickup Wednesday, far away from the construction workers, watching the...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 20 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
As Kyle Gudorf and Lance Reynolds searched for their next great catch, the bowfishermen learned...