Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryMay 22, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that a new phone system was installed last week.
• Discussed possible improvements to the library. The Library Improvement Committee met with a local contractor to discuss possibilities. The next steps are to work out a budget and choose what work will be done before putting the project out to bid.
• Discussed a draft background check policy and procedure. The policy is part of compliance with a new law that requires libraries to conduct criminal background checks on all current employees, all applicants for employment and volunteer applicants.
• Heard an update on the curbside service and virtual programming the library is providing. Next week, the library will offer 45-minute computer usage appointments, and computers will be sanitized after each use.
• Heard that the summer reading program will begin June 2 and consist of a mix of virtual and in-person programming, depending on COVID-19 guidelines.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Schwartz is dedicated to helping people live fulfillng lives on their own terms.
The Dubois Branch Library was a welcomed addition to the community. And now, 10 years later, the...
Northeast Dubois Superintendent Bill Hochgesang has enjoyed being superintendent in the school...
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...