Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryJanuary 31, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Chris Neu, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting. During the meeting, the board approved working with all Dubois County banks, set signatories for the library’s bank accounts, approved bonding Director Lisa McWilliams and established the Huntingburg Press and Dubois County Herald as the library’s newspapers of record.
• Heard that the 2020 budget was approved by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.
• Approved reinvesting a certificate of deposit that matured Thursday for the maximum period at the best rate.
• Hired Deb Fleck as a part-time library assistant.
• Heard that McWilliams signed up for a leadership team-building workshop in Evansville.
• Formed a committee to look at updating the interior of the library. The committee includes McWilliams, Boeglin and board member Lauren Tanner. Community members are also welcome to join the committee.
• Rescheduled the February meeting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has converted one of its racing trailers into an alternate...
Tammy Lampert knows that Dubois County residents love to see old buildings repurposed and given...
Really, the process of distilling spirits and making hand sanitizer isn’t so different.