Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryJanuary 31, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Chris Neu, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting. During the meeting, the board approved working with all Dubois County banks, set signatories for the library’s bank accounts, approved bonding Director Lisa McWilliams and established the Huntingburg Press and Dubois County Herald as the library’s newspapers of record.
• Heard that the 2020 budget was approved by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.
• Approved reinvesting a certificate of deposit that matured Thursday for the maximum period at the best rate.
• Hired Deb Fleck as a part-time library assistant.
• Heard that McWilliams signed up for a leadership team-building workshop in Evansville.
• Formed a committee to look at updating the interior of the library. The committee includes McWilliams, Boeglin and board member Lauren Tanner. Community members are also welcome to join the committee.
• Rescheduled the February meeting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...
The Dubois County Health Department is warning the public about potential risk exposure...
As the Dubois County Health Department confirmed today, the fourth positive case of novel...
The Stiles home in Jasper has become a family-centered hub of e-learning since schools and...
Jasper Middle School students in Brent Seibert’s seventh- and eighth-grade math classes were...
Local school leadership teams are meeting today to develop plans for continued instruction, and...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the fourth positive case of novel coronavirus...