Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryJanuary 31, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Chris Neu, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting. During the meeting, the board approved working with all Dubois County banks, set signatories for the library’s bank accounts, approved bonding Director Lisa McWilliams and established the Huntingburg Press and Dubois County Herald as the library’s newspapers of record.
• Heard that the 2020 budget was approved by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.
• Approved reinvesting a certificate of deposit that matured Thursday for the maximum period at the best rate.
• Hired Deb Fleck as a part-time library assistant.
• Heard that McWilliams signed up for a leadership team-building workshop in Evansville.
• Formed a committee to look at updating the interior of the library. The committee includes McWilliams, Boeglin and board member Lauren Tanner. Community members are also welcome to join the committee.
• Rescheduled the February meeting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 15 new COVID-19 cases.
The courts are starting up jury trials again. But doing that safely might mean holding them...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new COVID-19 cases.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.