Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryJanuary 31, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Chris Neu, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting. During the meeting, the board approved working with all Dubois County banks, set signatories for the library’s bank accounts, approved bonding Director Lisa McWilliams and established the Huntingburg Press and Dubois County Herald as the library’s newspapers of record.
• Heard that the 2020 budget was approved by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.
• Approved reinvesting a certificate of deposit that matured Thursday for the maximum period at the best rate.
• Hired Deb Fleck as a part-time library assistant.
• Heard that McWilliams signed up for a leadership team-building workshop in Evansville.
• Formed a committee to look at updating the interior of the library. The committee includes McWilliams, Boeglin and board member Lauren Tanner. Community members are also welcome to join the committee.
• Rescheduled the February meeting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Kindergarten isn’t like how many of us remember it. Today’s kindergartners learn to read,...
About 500 people filled Jasper Middle School’s cafeteria Thursday evening to get a closer look...
A sound like bells filled the music classroom at Holy Trinity Catholic School’s East Campus...
Despite the national Boy Scouts of America filing for bankruptcy protection, local Scout...
I learned recently that dad hadn’t totally given up the pen. Mom showed me a green shoebox...
Mary Ellen (Stenftenagel) Kluth was raised to care. Before she first distributed the resources,...
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...