Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryJanuary 31, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected officers for 2020. The slate is: Chris Neu, president; Carolyn Brewer, vice president; Mary Jeanne Schumacher, secretary; and Melissa Boeglin, treasurer.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting. During the meeting, the board approved working with all Dubois County banks, set signatories for the library’s bank accounts, approved bonding Director Lisa McWilliams and established the Huntingburg Press and Dubois County Herald as the library’s newspapers of record.
• Heard that the 2020 budget was approved by the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance.
• Approved reinvesting a certificate of deposit that matured Thursday for the maximum period at the best rate.
• Hired Deb Fleck as a part-time library assistant.
• Heard that McWilliams signed up for a leadership team-building workshop in Evansville.
• Formed a committee to look at updating the interior of the library. The committee includes McWilliams, Boeglin and board member Lauren Tanner. Community members are also welcome to join the committee.
• Rescheduled the February meeting for 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 19, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
José Dubon believes people should be active and involved in their community. He learned that...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 27 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Steve Schwinghamer is ready to take the reins as Huntingburg’s new mayor.
An addition on the southeast end of Market Street Park will feature a fire ring plaza and places...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Krempp Gallery at the Jasper Arts Center will present Owensboro, Kentucky, ink landscape...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 33 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Southwestern Indiana Citizens for Quality of Life recently received The Mal Atherton Award from...