Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryOctober 18, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the public computers have been upgraded to the Windows 10 operating system.
• Held a public hearing on and adopted the 2020 budget. The library’s budget for 2020 is $632,401.
• Heard that the library sold one Public Access Library Card in the third quarter. People outside the library’s service area can purchase the cards to gain access to the library.
• Heard that one of the library’s certificates of deposit will mature at the end of the month. The board approved reinvesting the funds at the bank with the best interest rate.
• Heard that the audit that was being done on the library is almost complete.
• Heard that the library will host a bilingual storytime at 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 9.
• Heard that Cindy Kloeck was hired as a children’s librarian.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...
What would she think? When Leo Eckerle tilts back his head to look at the 32-foot-tall pine on...
Four-year-old Head Start student Ray perused Walmart’s toy cars aisle Wednesday morning with...
Marlene Greener shared Christmas letters explaining her family’s excitement about moving to...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Jasper.