Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryMay 17, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that six people applied for the director position. The hiring committee met Wednesday to look at resumes and plans to begin interviewing next week. The board has not set a deadline to hire the new director.
• Heard that Interim Director Kathleen Lett is following up with Hunter Paving of Huntingburg for work on the parking lots that was approved at the October 2018 meeting.
• Canceled the contract with TSheets by QuickBooks. The library had been exploring using the software to track employee hours and schedules.
• Heard that Lett hired Audrey Hogue and Abby Brimm to clean the library in the mornings before opening. Each will clean two mornings a week.
• Heard that the public computers will be obsolete after this year. They currently run an old Windows operating system that will no longer be supported.
• Heard that there will be a library budget workshop in Evansville on June 20. That is the same day as the board’s June meeting. Lett said she doesn’t expect the workshop to interfere with the board meeting.
• Heard that the next board meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...
If everything goes according to schedule, Northeast Dubois Schools will have a junior-senior...
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.