Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryMay 17, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that six people applied for the director position. The hiring committee met Wednesday to look at resumes and plans to begin interviewing next week. The board has not set a deadline to hire the new director.
• Heard that Interim Director Kathleen Lett is following up with Hunter Paving of Huntingburg for work on the parking lots that was approved at the October 2018 meeting.
• Canceled the contract with TSheets by QuickBooks. The library had been exploring using the software to track employee hours and schedules.
• Heard that Lett hired Audrey Hogue and Abby Brimm to clean the library in the mornings before opening. Each will clean two mornings a week.
• Heard that the public computers will be obsolete after this year. They currently run an old Windows operating system that will no longer be supported.
• Heard that there will be a library budget workshop in Evansville on June 20. That is the same day as the board’s June meeting. Lett said she doesn’t expect the workshop to interfere with the board meeting.
• Heard that the next board meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.
Seventy-five years after his heroic death, the father of a Jasper woman was recently honored in...
Dubois County Community Corrections has been on the search for grant funding to help replace...
Ferdinand Park Board President Matt Weyer hears a lot of excitement around town when the Old...