Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryMay 17, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that six people applied for the director position. The hiring committee met Wednesday to look at resumes and plans to begin interviewing next week. The board has not set a deadline to hire the new director.
• Heard that Interim Director Kathleen Lett is following up with Hunter Paving of Huntingburg for work on the parking lots that was approved at the October 2018 meeting.
• Canceled the contract with TSheets by QuickBooks. The library had been exploring using the software to track employee hours and schedules.
• Heard that Lett hired Audrey Hogue and Abby Brimm to clean the library in the mornings before opening. Each will clean two mornings a week.
• Heard that the public computers will be obsolete after this year. They currently run an old Windows operating system that will no longer be supported.
• Heard that there will be a library budget workshop in Evansville on June 20. That is the same day as the board’s June meeting. Lett said she doesn’t expect the workshop to interfere with the board meeting.
• Heard that the next board meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, June 20, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.