Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibrarySeptember 18, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the Huntingburg Common Council has been declared the library board's fiscal body, and that a form was signed and submitted to the Indiana State Library.
• Heard that a fire alarm panel that was replaced at the library is working well and staff has been trained on the new panel.
• Heard that the library's strategic plan is on hold due to the pandemic.
• Held the 2020 budget hearing. No members of the public attended.
• Approved a resolution adding Carolyn Brewer to have access to the library's checking account.
• Approved a $2,799.50 estimate from Tim's Computers for eight new cameras to replace a set that is not working.
• Approved a $600 estimate from Hoosier Business Machines for a new HP printer for Director Lisa McWilliams' office.
• Heard about an estimate of $3,000 to $4,000 from Red Pixel Studios/Rob Howard of Owensboro, Kentucky, for a new library website and logo.
• Heard that the library trustees have been invited to a 2020 Legislative Fall Forum from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 6. The forum will be held virtually.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...