Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryAugust 21, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Envisionware Mobile Print Service was installed to allow patrons to print to library printers from their mobile devices. The total cost of installation and a one-year software subscription is $1,190.
• Heard an update on the library improvement project from board member Paul Neukam who is on the committee. The committee is pursuing bids for a feasibility study and preliminary designs for the renovation.
• Approved the Huntingburg Common Council as the board's fiscal body for the 2021 budget season as required by a new state law.
• Heard that the fire alarm panel needed to be replaced to work with the IP system. Federal Fire and Security replaced the system for about $900.
• Heard that the new student assistant, Gracie Ferguson, will start in September.
• Heard that the public hearing on the 2021 budget will be held at the board's September meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St. The budget will be approved at the board's October meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at the library.
• Heard that the internet router was damaged by lightning and needed to be replaced. The work was completed Tuesday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Krempp Gallery at the Jasper Arts Center will present Owensboro, Kentucky, ink landscape...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 33 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Southwestern Indiana Citizens for Quality of Life recently received The Mal Atherton Award from...
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
When Denny Spinner decided to run for mayor in 2011, he had three key words he wanted to...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.