Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryAugust 21, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Envisionware Mobile Print Service was installed to allow patrons to print to library printers from their mobile devices. The total cost of installation and a one-year software subscription is $1,190.
• Heard an update on the library improvement project from board member Paul Neukam who is on the committee. The committee is pursuing bids for a feasibility study and preliminary designs for the renovation.
• Approved the Huntingburg Common Council as the board's fiscal body for the 2021 budget season as required by a new state law.
• Heard that the fire alarm panel needed to be replaced to work with the IP system. Federal Fire and Security replaced the system for about $900.
• Heard that the new student assistant, Gracie Ferguson, will start in September.
• Heard that the public hearing on the 2021 budget will be held at the board's September meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St. The budget will be approved at the board's October meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at the library.
• Heard that the internet router was damaged by lightning and needed to be replaced. The work was completed Tuesday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack
The Indiana General Assembly is working on several bills in response to COVID-19’s...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.