Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryAugust 21, 2020
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Envisionware Mobile Print Service was installed to allow patrons to print to library printers from their mobile devices. The total cost of installation and a one-year software subscription is $1,190.
• Heard an update on the library improvement project from board member Paul Neukam who is on the committee. The committee is pursuing bids for a feasibility study and preliminary designs for the renovation.
• Approved the Huntingburg Common Council as the board's fiscal body for the 2021 budget season as required by a new state law.
• Heard that the fire alarm panel needed to be replaced to work with the IP system. Federal Fire and Security replaced the system for about $900.
• Heard that the new student assistant, Gracie Ferguson, will start in September.
• Heard that the public hearing on the 2021 budget will be held at the board's September meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 17, at the library, 419 N. Jackson St. The budget will be approved at the board's October meeting, set for 5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 15, at the library.
• Heard that the internet router was damaged by lightning and needed to be replaced. The work was completed Tuesday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...