Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryApril 19, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel will wait until fall when school starts to meet with focus groups for the strategic planning process. This is because it’s harder to get focus groups together during the summer, from the firm’s experience.
• Approved the resignations of cataloger Beth Kippenbrock and custodian Roger Kippenbrock which were turned in prior to the board’s March meeting.
• Heard that Shannon Werne, the current children’s librarian, amended her resignation letter to reflect working through the end of April. The board approved her original letter at its March meeting.
• Approved hiring former employee Donlita Donaldson as cataloger.
• Heard that a few candidates have expressed interest in the open library director position.
• Approved a base salary between $43,000 and $50,000 for the director position, depending on experience. Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
• Discussed a benefits package for the director position.
• Added Interim Director Kathy Lett as an authorized signer for the library’s bank accounts.
• Heard that the next meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, May 16 at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...