Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryApril 19, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel will wait until fall when school starts to meet with focus groups for the strategic planning process. This is because it’s harder to get focus groups together during the summer, from the firm’s experience.
• Approved the resignations of cataloger Beth Kippenbrock and custodian Roger Kippenbrock which were turned in prior to the board’s March meeting.
• Heard that Shannon Werne, the current children’s librarian, amended her resignation letter to reflect working through the end of April. The board approved her original letter at its March meeting.
• Approved hiring former employee Donlita Donaldson as cataloger.
• Heard that a few candidates have expressed interest in the open library director position.
• Approved a base salary between $43,000 and $50,000 for the director position, depending on experience. Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
• Discussed a benefits package for the director position.
• Added Interim Director Kathy Lett as an authorized signer for the library’s bank accounts.
• Heard that the next meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, May 16 at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...