Meeting: Huntingburg Public LibraryApril 19, 2019
The Huntingburg Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Kimberly Bolan & Associates of Carmel will wait until fall when school starts to meet with focus groups for the strategic planning process. This is because it’s harder to get focus groups together during the summer, from the firm’s experience.
• Approved the resignations of cataloger Beth Kippenbrock and custodian Roger Kippenbrock which were turned in prior to the board’s March meeting.
• Heard that Shannon Werne, the current children’s librarian, amended her resignation letter to reflect working through the end of April. The board approved her original letter at its March meeting.
• Approved hiring former employee Donlita Donaldson as cataloger.
• Heard that a few candidates have expressed interest in the open library director position.
• Approved a base salary between $43,000 and $50,000 for the director position, depending on experience. Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree.
• Discussed a benefits package for the director position.
• Added Interim Director Kathy Lett as an authorized signer for the library’s bank accounts.
• Heard that the next meeting will be 5 p.m. Thursday, May 16 at the library, 419 N. Jackson St., Huntingburg.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
After leading a public education forum at Vincennes University Jasper on Tuesday night, Indiana...
The Northeast Dubois County School Corporation has seen significant changes in the last few...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
When the 2020-21 school year starts, Heritage Hills High School Assistant Principal Jeff Cochren...