Meeting: Huntingburg ParksMay 20, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved applying for a $250,000 Land and Water Conservation grant to add a bicycling/walking path, outdoor playground feature and fishing pier to Northside Park.
• Agreed to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ plan to fill the retention pond at Northside Park with bass and bluegill fish.
• Heard that the parks will open Sunday.
• Heard that he pool will open June 1. The filtration building expansion will be finished by then, Parks Director Larry Altstadt said. But there will be no diving board because the stand cracked at the end of last season and can no longer be used safely. The board looked into replacing the board and stand, but cannot afford the estimated $20,000 needed to do so at this time.
• Heard that the summer program for children will start June 1. Those wanting to sign up can contact the park department, 812-683-2211.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Celestine Elementary’s Last Year
The Dubois County Health Department confirms two more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Of the 169 Dubois County residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, a total of six have...
Three candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for District 8 U.S. Representative.
Southridge High School graduated 116 in the Class of 2020 last week when e-learning came to an...
Gov. Eric J. Holcomb announced that because health indicators remain positive, most of the state...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...