Meeting: Huntingburg ParksMay 20, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved applying for a $250,000 Land and Water Conservation grant to add a bicycling/walking path, outdoor playground feature and fishing pier to Northside Park.
• Agreed to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ plan to fill the retention pond at Northside Park with bass and bluegill fish.
• Heard that the parks will open Sunday.
• Heard that he pool will open June 1. The filtration building expansion will be finished by then, Parks Director Larry Altstadt said. But there will be no diving board because the stand cracked at the end of last season and can no longer be used safely. The board looked into replacing the board and stand, but cannot afford the estimated $20,000 needed to do so at this time.
• Heard that the summer program for children will start June 1. Those wanting to sign up can contact the park department, 812-683-2211.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...
The construction of a multi-million dollar aquatic center in Jasper is still a long ways away,...
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....
Country legend John Conlee (Mr. Rose Colored Glasses), a regular performer at the Grand Ole Opry...
Opening the Corolla’s door, I hesitated before planting my flip-flopped feet firmly onto the...
Twenty years ago today, our nation was transformed forever.