Meeting: Huntingburg ParksMay 20, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved applying for a $250,000 Land and Water Conservation grant to add a bicycling/walking path, outdoor playground feature and fishing pier to Northside Park.
• Agreed to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ plan to fill the retention pond at Northside Park with bass and bluegill fish.
• Heard that the parks will open Sunday.
• Heard that he pool will open June 1. The filtration building expansion will be finished by then, Parks Director Larry Altstadt said. But there will be no diving board because the stand cracked at the end of last season and can no longer be used safely. The board looked into replacing the board and stand, but cannot afford the estimated $20,000 needed to do so at this time.
• Heard that the summer program for children will start June 1. Those wanting to sign up can contact the park department, 812-683-2211.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new website aims to connect Dubois County residents to resources that could change their...
Doug Uebelhor is seeking re-election to the Dubois County Council at-large seat.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive cases of COVID-19.
Sonya Haas is seeking re-election to the Dubois County Council.
Use your voice. That was the message pushed Saturday at a rally organized by a group whose...
Just after nightfall on Saturday, Tina Heichelbech of Jasper looked at the bags that were in...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 11 new positive cases of COVID-19.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 29 new positive cases of COVID-19.