Meeting: Huntingburg ParksMay 20, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved applying for a $250,000 Land and Water Conservation grant to add a bicycling/walking path, outdoor playground feature and fishing pier to Northside Park.
• Agreed to the Indiana Department of Natural Resources’ plan to fill the retention pond at Northside Park with bass and bluegill fish.
• Heard that the parks will open Sunday.
• Heard that he pool will open June 1. The filtration building expansion will be finished by then, Parks Director Larry Altstadt said. But there will be no diving board because the stand cracked at the end of last season and can no longer be used safely. The board looked into replacing the board and stand, but cannot afford the estimated $20,000 needed to do so at this time.
• Heard that the summer program for children will start June 1. Those wanting to sign up can contact the park department, 812-683-2211.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As a boy, Bob McCarty saw the world through a varied lens. He used the camera lens to display...
Cassie (Gehlhausen) Williams will be Cedar Crest Intermediate School’s principal next school year.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on Friday.
Don Lichlyter was known for the dozens of benefits and fundraisers he organized for people...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported one new COVID-19 case in Dubois County on Thursday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
The Indiana State Department of Health didn't report any new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
In the two months after the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center opened, the Jasper Community Arts side...