Meeting: Huntingburg Park BoardFebruary 18, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved purchasing a new diving board and platform for the pool from Spear Corporation for $19,855. At the end of last season, the current diving board and platform cracked, and is now unsafe for use, Park Director Larry Altstadt said.
• Heard that workers are installing safety rails at League Stadium and additional electric receptacles in and near the press box. Concrete work is also being done.
• Gave Altstadt permission to sign off on the applications the city is submitting for liquor licenses at Market Street Park and League Stadium.
• Hired B&A Construction and Design to expand the pool’s filtration building for $8,604 and to do concrete work there for $3,775. The building will be extended 16 feet on its east side and 9 feet on its west side.
• Heard that two disc golf tourneys have been planned for Niehaus Park. The Border Battle: Indiana vs. Kentucky will be held Sunday, March 8. The sanctioned Niehaus Disc Golf Annual Tournament will be held Sunday, April 19.
• Re-elected board officers: Mike Fulkerson as president, Abby Fink as vice president and Shannon Fuhs as secretary. The other board member is Dustin Schmett.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.
I have a lot to be thankful for in 2020 despite the merciless pandemic that has left global...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 83 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...