Meeting: Huntingburg Park BoardFebruary 18, 2020
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Approved purchasing a new diving board and platform for the pool from Spear Corporation for $19,855. At the end of last season, the current diving board and platform cracked, and is now unsafe for use, Park Director Larry Altstadt said.
• Heard that workers are installing safety rails at League Stadium and additional electric receptacles in and near the press box. Concrete work is also being done.
• Gave Altstadt permission to sign off on the applications the city is submitting for liquor licenses at Market Street Park and League Stadium.
• Hired B&A Construction and Design to expand the pool’s filtration building for $8,604 and to do concrete work there for $3,775. The building will be extended 16 feet on its east side and 9 feet on its west side.
• Heard that two disc golf tourneys have been planned for Niehaus Park. The Border Battle: Indiana vs. Kentucky will be held Sunday, March 8. The sanctioned Niehaus Disc Golf Annual Tournament will be held Sunday, April 19.
• Re-elected board officers: Mike Fulkerson as president, Abby Fink as vice president and Shannon Fuhs as secretary. The other board member is Dustin Schmett.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
As days, weeks and months of social distancing push ahead into an uncertain future, meaningful...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Although park facilities — with the exception of playgrounds — were cleared to reopen last...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?