Meeting: Huntingburg Park BoardOctober 24, 2019
The Huntingburg Park Board met Monday and:
• Welcomed Dustin Schmett to the board. He will serve out the rest of Mark Peters’ term.
• Heard that the city’s new safety director, Travis Gentry, took a look at all of the park facilities and made a list of some changes and additions that need to be made. Those changes and additions are being completed.
• Heard that Parks Director Larry Altstadt will meet with Seurfert Construction this week to discuss screening in a shelter house.
• Heard that Haunted Huntingburg was a success.
• Heard that signs will be installed at Market Street Park sometime in the next few weeks.
• Heard that the air conditioning system at Old Town Hall has been repaired.
• Heard that a new filtration system has been installed at the city pool. The facility will also need some electric work and an eyewash station will be installed.
• Heard that the new sod put on the base paths and behind home plate at League Stadium has taken hold and looks great.
• Heard that Seurfert Construction completed repairs at League Stadium.
• Heard that the poles have been installed for fencing around a basketball/pickle ball court at Northside Park.
• Heard that tree limbs have been chipped up in the woods at Niehaus Park and various landscaping projects have been completed for the disc golf course at the park.
• Heard that a drainage pipe will be installed near the sidewalk that winds toward the water tower at Niehaus Park.
• Heard that fencing on the south side of the ditch at Southside Park will be taken down this winter.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
He had a dream. On Sunday, Dubois County residents remembered it.
Jasper native Shalyn Grow marked an item off her acting bucket list last year. The 2013 Jasper...
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.