Meeting: Huntingburg Library BoardNovember 22, 2019
The Huntingburg Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Director Lisa McWilliams attended the Indiana Library Federation conference and came back with ideas about how to engage the public in developing programming that fits the community.
• Heard that a certificate of deposit that matured recently was reinvested at Freedom Bank with a 1.25% interest rate.
• Heard that the report from the recent audit by the Indiana Board of Accounts should be received by the end of the year.
• Heard that the 2020 budget has been filed.
• Discussed quotes for phone service for the library as the contact with AVAYA of Santa Clara, California, has expired.
• Heard that Tri-State Fire Protection Inc. of Newburgh inspected the library’s sprinklers and extinguishers for $145 and completed necessary repairs. The repairs will be• billed at a later date.
• Approved a staff increase of 3% across the board. It will take effect January 1.
• Approved closing the library at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20, for a staff Christmas party.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Jasper Board of Public Works & Safety extended Seth Eckstein, 31, of Jasper a conditional...
The Spencer County Health Department announced today the first positive case of novel...
Tim Keusch never imagined that his Jasper business, Keusch Glass, would one day make products...
Teachers agree that although their students are adjusting well to e-learning, it's a stressful...
Stopping the spread of COVID-19 remains crucial in our community, said Dubois County Health...
Council President Jerry Hunefeld said that the $4 million the county was planning to pull from...
As of 8 a.m. this morning, there were no new Dubois County residents had tested positve for...
Authorities say a Celestine man died of injuries sustained in an off-road vehicle crash Monday...