Meeting: Huntingburg Library BoardNovember 22, 2019
The Huntingburg Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Director Lisa McWilliams attended the Indiana Library Federation conference and came back with ideas about how to engage the public in developing programming that fits the community.
• Heard that a certificate of deposit that matured recently was reinvested at Freedom Bank with a 1.25% interest rate.
• Heard that the report from the recent audit by the Indiana Board of Accounts should be received by the end of the year.
• Heard that the 2020 budget has been filed.
• Discussed quotes for phone service for the library as the contact with AVAYA of Santa Clara, California, has expired.
• Heard that Tri-State Fire Protection Inc. of Newburgh inspected the library’s sprinklers and extinguishers for $145 and completed necessary repairs. The repairs will be• billed at a later date.
• Approved a staff increase of 3% across the board. It will take effect January 1.
• Approved closing the library at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20, for a staff Christmas party.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The owners of Linda’s Nails have a lot of experience in the nail business.
Nestled in a dimly lit, cozy room on the second floor of the J. Herman building in Ferdinand,...
Eugene DeMotte is glad he served 20 years in the U.S. Army. But it wasn’t easy. There was a...
The St. Henry Volunteer Fire Department will begin a new chapter in 2020 after the installation...
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...