Meeting: Huntingburg Library BoardNovember 22, 2019
The Huntingburg Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Director Lisa McWilliams attended the Indiana Library Federation conference and came back with ideas about how to engage the public in developing programming that fits the community.
• Heard that a certificate of deposit that matured recently was reinvested at Freedom Bank with a 1.25% interest rate.
• Heard that the report from the recent audit by the Indiana Board of Accounts should be received by the end of the year.
• Heard that the 2020 budget has been filed.
• Discussed quotes for phone service for the library as the contact with AVAYA of Santa Clara, California, has expired.
• Heard that Tri-State Fire Protection Inc. of Newburgh inspected the library’s sprinklers and extinguishers for $145 and completed necessary repairs. The repairs will be• billed at a later date.
• Approved a staff increase of 3% across the board. It will take effect January 1.
• Approved closing the library at 4 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20, for a staff Christmas party.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
A vigil is planned next month to mark what will be six months since Daniel Grannan went missing...
In 1940, Mary George Kissel and Theresita Schenk — along with 11 other young women —...
SERVUS!, headquartered in Jasper, announced Thursday the sale of its Denny’s restaurant...
Participants can now vote to determine the winners in The Herald's annual Best Of Dubois County...