Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilFebruary 24, 2021
The Huntingburg Common Council met Tuesday and:
• Received the city’s January 2021 utility financial statement, 2020 revenue expense report and 2020 tax-increment financing report. Financial statements are uploaded online for the public to view at Indiana Gateway, https://gateway.ifionline.org.
• Renewed the city’s beer and wine license at League Stadium. The council decided to not renew the beer, wine and spirits license for the Old Town Hall property so that people holding events at town hall at Market Street Park will be able to bring in their own licensed distributor for an event.
• Decided to hire an outside attorney who will pursue legal channels to collect on an outstanding Huntingburg Revolving Loan owed to the city. City Attorney Phil Schneider explained that the delinquent company is a client of his, so he cannot represent the city in the matter.
• Approved paying All Tech up to $12,000 for emergency repairs to a bucket truck for the electric department.
• Gave Utility Superintendent John Reutepohler permission to seek quotes for purchasing a pickup truck.
• Approved hiring Weyer Electric to work with the electric department to attach electric equipment to a transformer the department is installing for Quality Inn; the cost of the service is $12,000.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...
The construction of a multi-million dollar aquatic center in Jasper is still a long ways away,...
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....
Country legend John Conlee (Mr. Rose Colored Glasses), a regular performer at the Grand Ole Opry...
Opening the Corolla’s door, I hesitated before planting my flip-flopped feet firmly onto the...
Twenty years ago today, our nation was transformed forever.