Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilJanuary 15, 2021
The Huntingburg Common Council met this week and:
• Approving giving refunds to its two customers in the net-metering program due to overcharges. The commercial customer will receive a $3,700 refund and the residential customer $177. Utility Superintendent John Reutepohler told the council that the Indiana Municipal Power Agency is encouraging cities to repeal the net-metering program since the state’s net-metering program will end in July 2022. Council members requested that a representative come to the council to discuss the matter. The net-metering system is for customers using renewable energy to offset their electric usage.
• Transferred surplus money from the electric and gas departments to the general fund; $225,000 was transferred from each department.
• Approved ordinances to provide for Patoka Township park and recreation services for $12,000 and fire protection services for $26,000 for township residents who live outside the city limits.
• Approved a two-year agreement with the Dubois County Airport Authority to provide fire and police services for Huntingburg Airport for $3,500 per year.
• Re-elected at-large Councilman Tim Wehr as the council’s president pro-tem. If Mayor Steve Schwinghamer cannot be at a council meeting, Wehr will run the meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Herbstfest.
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Little and Junior Miss Queen Pageant is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants were Sunday at the...
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...
The construction of a multi-million dollar aquatic center in Jasper is still a long ways away,...
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....