Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilDecember 23, 2020
The Huntingburg Common Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Mayor Steve Schwinghamer that the Board of Public Works and Safety will work to appoint two new members for a total of five.
• Approved two appraisals for the Huntingburg Methodist Church property for alley widening behind shops on Fourth Street.
• Approved two appraisals for a Jackson Street property for the possibility of purchase of property behind City Hall and for additional city parking.
• Accepted a counter-offer of $150,000 to purchase the southwest corner of the street lot off 14th and Main streets.
• Approved a phone server contract with Matrix Integration LLC.
• Discussed the repeal of a net-metering tariff. The Indiana Municipal Power Agency will give information to the council at a later meeting.
• Appointed Nick Stevens and Jayme Rasche for one-year terms to the Redevelopment Commission and Heather Tretter for a two-year term to the Tree Committee.
• Heard from Clerk-Treasurer Thomas Dippel that property taxes for this year were about 95% of last year’s.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...
A fire at the Hoosier Hills Marina at Patoka Lake engulfed nearly a dozen houseboats Friday...