Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilDecember 23, 2020
The Huntingburg Common Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Mayor Steve Schwinghamer that the Board of Public Works and Safety will work to appoint two new members for a total of five.
• Approved two appraisals for the Huntingburg Methodist Church property for alley widening behind shops on Fourth Street.
• Approved two appraisals for a Jackson Street property for the possibility of purchase of property behind City Hall and for additional city parking.
• Accepted a counter-offer of $150,000 to purchase the southwest corner of the street lot off 14th and Main streets.
• Approved a phone server contract with Matrix Integration LLC.
• Discussed the repeal of a net-metering tariff. The Indiana Municipal Power Agency will give information to the council at a later meeting.
• Appointed Nick Stevens and Jayme Rasche for one-year terms to the Redevelopment Commission and Heather Tretter for a two-year term to the Tree Committee.
• Heard from Clerk-Treasurer Thomas Dippel that property taxes for this year were about 95% of last year’s.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Interesting stories about the history of Ireland, Portersville, Madison Township and Boone...
The Dubois County high school marching bands are at full force as they prepare for semistate and...
Tuesday evening as the sun set, a large group of Forest Park students could be seen walking in...
When Don Luis Dubon first moved to Huntingburg with his family in 1999, there were only a few...
Tracy Lorey, superintendent of Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, was named the 2022...
Dubois County will continue to have two representatives in the Indiana House of Representatives,...
How to attract and keep police officers for the city became a big topic at the Huntingburg...
Fewer than five minutes remain until the Marching Wildcats’ rehearsal is set to start, and...