Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilDecember 23, 2020
The Huntingburg Common Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Mayor Steve Schwinghamer that the Board of Public Works and Safety will work to appoint two new members for a total of five.
• Approved two appraisals for the Huntingburg Methodist Church property for alley widening behind shops on Fourth Street.
• Approved two appraisals for a Jackson Street property for the possibility of purchase of property behind City Hall and for additional city parking.
• Accepted a counter-offer of $150,000 to purchase the southwest corner of the street lot off 14th and Main streets.
• Approved a phone server contract with Matrix Integration LLC.
• Discussed the repeal of a net-metering tariff. The Indiana Municipal Power Agency will give information to the council at a later meeting.
• Appointed Nick Stevens and Jayme Rasche for one-year terms to the Redevelopment Commission and Heather Tretter for a two-year term to the Tree Committee.
• Heard from Clerk-Treasurer Thomas Dippel that property taxes for this year were about 95% of last year’s.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.