Meeting: Huntingburg Common CouncilOctober 23, 2019
The Huntingburg Common Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard a presentation about the launching of neighborhood associations in Huntingburg. A public meeting will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 13, at a yet-to-be-determined location for those interested in learning more.
• Discussed the 2020 salary ordinance. Though nothing was approved, council members discussed offering all city employees a 1.5% raise across the board, with the potential for another percent to be given on an individual basis, based on performance evaluations. The ordinance will be voted on at the council’s next meeting at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, at city hall, 508 E. Fourth St.
• Approved a change order for the railroad overpass project, deducting $9,488.73 from the final project cost.
• Heard that the city was notified earlier this month that it received a $134,899.50 grant from the state’s Community Crossings program. Those funds will be used to fund 75% of the cost of projects, including improvements on Chestnut Street from 12th Street to 19th Street, as well as improvements on Leland Drive from 17th Street to 19th Street. The majority of the remaining 25% of funds will come from a pool of leftover Community Crossings funding from a previous year, and street department dollars.
• Heard a report from Energy Superintendent John Reutepohler. The council approved him to purchase a wire that costs up to $25,116 for the ongoing airport runway project.
• Heard a report from Water Superintendent Gary Meyerholtz. The board set a Utility Rate Advisory Board meeting for Tuesday, Nov. 12, regarding a potential water rate increase. A public hearing regarding the possible change was tentatively set to take place at next month’s council meeting.
• Approved a resolution creating a new tax increment financing — TIF — allocation area within what is known as the northwest industrial economic development TIF area. The previously discussed OFS central warehouse expansion project on Styline Drive will be located in this area. The council also authorized the issuance of financing for up to $15 million in taxable economic development bonds for the OFS expansion project. A second reading will be held at next month’s council meeting, during which an ordinance to issue the bonds will also be discussed and voted on.
• Heard that the city limb yard will begin operating from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday.
• Heard that leaf pickup will begin the week of Monday, Nov. 4, and residents are asked to call city hall to place their name on the list for pickup.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Herald photography staff earned 16 awards this weekend at the Indiana News Photographers...
Mike Webster of Evansville has announced his candidacy for the U.S. House of Representatives in...
Brenda Wilmes firmly pressed her knuckles into Sue Hasenour’s neck and rotated them in tiny...
The attributes of President Abraham Lincoln and the current strength of the Republican Party...
Kindergarten isn’t like how many of us remember it. Today’s kindergartners learn to read,...
About 500 people filled Jasper Middle School’s cafeteria Thursday evening to get a closer look...
A sound like bells filled the music classroom at Holy Trinity Catholic School’s East Campus...
Despite the national Boy Scouts of America filing for bankruptcy protection, local Scout...