Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksNovember 5, 2020
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works and Safety met Thursday and:
• Approved an agreement with BodyWorn for body camera equipment and services for the police department for $198,000, which will be paid over five years. With that, the board also approved the department pursuing a grant from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute to pay for $118,000 of that cost.
• Approved for the police department agreements to purchase 12 taser bundles from Axon Enterprises over five years for $23,100, and to purchase dual-band radios from Motorolla for $5,823.
• Updated its police operations policy to allow officers to take vehicles home with them, so long as they are within a 15-mile radius of the city.
• Recommended to the Huntingburg Common Council that Glenn Landstrom be hired as a Huntingburg firefighter.
• Approved 2-1 a $20,000 change order for work previously done on Fifth Street. The work was not included in the original bid specifications due to an engineering error. Board member Keith Souders voted no and board member Kerry Blessinger reluctantly voted yes, since the work was done.
• Heard that Street Superintendent Jason Stamm will attempt to get Community Crossings funding for the second phase of repair work along First Street from Sycamore Street west to the city’s limit. The first phase, which involves repairing the worst parts of the road, should be done by the end of the month.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 90 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
When Dave Buehler, president of the The Redevelop Old Jasper Action Coalition, imagines the...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
Winter is coming, and Dr. Stephen Sample is tired. As an emergency physician at Memorial...
Crane Army Ammunition Activity remains ready to support the warfighter no matter the situation,...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday 37 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
In a year where local business is hurting more than ever due to the pandemic, Jasper Chamber of...
The special Santa Claus holiday postmark is now available at the Santa Claus Post Office. T