Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksJune 5, 2020
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works and Safety met Thursday and:
• Approved a memorandum of understanding for a relief program that will allow downtown restaurants to start utilizing outdoor seating. A story is on Page 3.
• Heard from Street Superintendent Jason Stamm that some people have been dumping trash and things other than limbs at the limb yard collection site on First Street. He is investigating the problem and is asking residents to be more diligent in making sure only limbs are left at the site.
• Approved using a Mehling Construction track hoe and operator for up to 120 hours at $95 per hour for work on replacing a clay pipe that lies in an area east of Styline Drive between Ninth and 12th streets.
• Heard from Police Chief Art Parks that four people are currently being tested for the open officer position at the department.
• Heard from Fire Chief Scott Patberg that the city’s fire and safety rating has improved; in August, the city’s classification will move from 5 to 4. Risk assessment company ISO looks at the safety of a community based on the emergency services and their abilities to respond. A lower rating generally results in lower insurance rates for residents.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As a boy, Bob McCarty saw the world through a varied lens. He used the camera lens to display...
Cassie (Gehlhausen) Williams will be Cedar Crest Intermediate School’s principal next school year.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on Friday.
Don Lichlyter was known for the dozens of benefits and fundraisers he organized for people...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported one new COVID-19 case in Dubois County on Thursday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
The Indiana State Department of Health didn't report any new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
In the two months after the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center opened, the Jasper Community Arts side...