Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksFebruary 7, 2020
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works met Thursday and:
• Approved the use of City Park for A Kid’s Place’s run, called Amazing Race, which will start at 9 a.m. March 14.
• Approved using the same streets as last year for the annual Jazzed Up 5K/10K run. The event will start at 8:45 a.m. on April 15.
• Heard that the street department has received a salt brine machine and 6,000 gallons of brine has been mixed.
• Gave Wastewater Manager Brad Coomer permission to get quotes for portable flow meters.
• Heard from Coomer that he has created a form for people who want to get a rebate for water that they used but did not go down the drain into the wastewater system. A minimum of 400 cubic feet of water would have to qualify for a rebate to be issues, he explained to the board.
• Approved for the police department a $7,560 quote for red dot laser sights for officers’ handguns.
• Declared the fire department’s 1966 fire truck as surplus.
• Moved next month’s meeting to Wednesday, March 4. It will start at 8:30 a.m. in the council chambers on the second floor of City Hall, 508 E. Fourth St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Students and families in Dubois County can expect to end the school year completing assignments...
Though her stay in Dubois didn’t end as planned, Frida Hansson’s time as an exchange student...
The Dubois County Health Department is warning the public about potential risk exposure...
As the Dubois County Health Department confirmed today, the fourth positive case of novel...
The Stiles home in Jasper has become a family-centered hub of e-learning since schools and...
Jasper Middle School students in Brent Seibert’s seventh- and eighth-grade math classes were...
Local school leadership teams are meeting today to develop plans for continued instruction, and...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms today the fourth positive case of novel coronavirus...