Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksFebruary 7, 2020
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works met Thursday and:
• Approved the use of City Park for A Kid’s Place’s run, called Amazing Race, which will start at 9 a.m. March 14.
• Approved using the same streets as last year for the annual Jazzed Up 5K/10K run. The event will start at 8:45 a.m. on April 15.
• Heard that the street department has received a salt brine machine and 6,000 gallons of brine has been mixed.
• Gave Wastewater Manager Brad Coomer permission to get quotes for portable flow meters.
• Heard from Coomer that he has created a form for people who want to get a rebate for water that they used but did not go down the drain into the wastewater system. A minimum of 400 cubic feet of water would have to qualify for a rebate to be issues, he explained to the board.
• Approved for the police department a $7,560 quote for red dot laser sights for officers’ handguns.
• Declared the fire department’s 1966 fire truck as surplus.
• Moved next month’s meeting to Wednesday, March 4. It will start at 8:30 a.m. in the council chambers on the second floor of City Hall, 508 E. Fourth St.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Halloween is Saturday and local communities have set their trick-or-treat hours.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 56 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Life is returning to senior centers in Dubois County. Both the Older Americans Center in Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday 16 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Susan "Goose" Tretter Zimmerman has always been a crafty person, even when she was a kid growing...
About five years ago, Taylor Sternberg’s career path shifted from therapy to hair-apy. The...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 68 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...