Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksJanuary 3, 2020
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works and Safety met Thursday and:
• Acknowledged two new board members. Mayor Denny Spinner welcomed Kerry Blessinger and Keith Souders. They replaced Roger Cox, who retired from the board, and Paul Neukam, who is no longer eligible to serve because he is moving outside of city limits. Blessinger, who is a former councilman; Souders, who has served on the board in the past; and Spinner comprise the three-member board.
• Recognized firefighter Bill Bland for his 50 years of service. Bland received on Wednesday awards for his service, including a 50-year pin and membership card from the District 15 Indiana Volunteer Firefighters Association. Bland is still a member of the fire department.
• Approved the fire department purchasing new, self-contained breathing apparatuses from Hoosier Fire Services for $29,180.
• Approved the street department purchasing a 2019 Dodge pickup from Washington Chrysler for $19,000.
• Approved the annual fire services agreement with Patoka Township, in which the township will pay the city $26,000 for fire services.
• Appointed Sarah Flamion, Jenna Gogel, Sandra Kays, Paul Lake and Rachel Steckler, to another one-year term on the Market Master committee. The committee works with promoting the annual farmers market. All but Lake are members of Destination Huntingburg, the organization that runs the market. Lake is the city’s planning director.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Ken Buck has lived and breathed parks and recreation for the past 47 years.
I have a lot to be thankful for in 2020 despite the merciless pandemic that has left global...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 83 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...