Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksOctober 4, 2019
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works met Thursday and:
• Are considering, for safety reasons, no parking on portions of 12th Street between Jackson Street and U.S. 231, and parts First Avenue between Chestnut and Sycamore streets.
• Learned that Fall Cleanup will be held Oct. 10-12 at the former street department site on First Street. Also, the limb yard near the former street department site will open Oct. 14.
• Heard that road work on Third Street has started, and will be done within the contracted 60 days.
• Purchased a snowplow from Meyer Truck Equipment for $7,919.
• Approved opening bids for a multipurpose tractor at 9 a.m. Oct. 21 at City Hall.
• Heard that the fire department should receive its new fire truck in January.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
When Jerry Hunefeld joined the Dubois County Council in 1974, he had no idea what the job...
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...
Jasper High School freshmen Jane Franklin and Madison Kinder both love to bake. To them, a...
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...