Meeting: Huntingburg Board of Public WorksOctober 4, 2019
The Huntingburg Board of Public Works met Thursday and:
• Are considering, for safety reasons, no parking on portions of 12th Street between Jackson Street and U.S. 231, and parts First Avenue between Chestnut and Sycamore streets.
• Learned that Fall Cleanup will be held Oct. 10-12 at the former street department site on First Street. Also, the limb yard near the former street department site will open Oct. 14.
• Heard that road work on Third Street has started, and will be done within the contracted 60 days.
• Purchased a snowplow from Meyer Truck Equipment for $7,919.
• Approved opening bids for a multipurpose tractor at 9 a.m. Oct. 21 at City Hall.
• Heard that the fire department should receive its new fire truck in January.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...
What would she think? When Leo Eckerle tilts back his head to look at the 32-foot-tall pine on...
Four-year-old Head Start student Ray perused Walmart’s toy cars aisle Wednesday morning with...
Marlene Greener shared Christmas letters explaining her family’s excitement about moving to...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Jasper.