Meeting: Holland Town CouncilMay 7, 2021
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard a presentation by Huntingburg firefighter John C. Smith about the importance of having a volunteer department. Holland Volunteer Fire Department Chief Adam Chambers followed that presentation with a budget from the Holland department.
• Heard from Dubois County Clerk Amy Kippenbrock and Dubois County Council member Becky Beckman about different options being considered for residents to vote in the future. The two ways being discussed are voting centers and roaming voting centers. There is a newly formed board looking at different options and it will have its first meeting later this month.
• Adopted an ordinance to receive funds from the American Rescue Plan Act.
• Voted to advertise a newly amended Abandoned Vehicle Ordinance. It is scheduled for adoption at the board’s June 9 meeting.
• Discussed the town's cleanup days, which are set for May 15 and 16. They are for Holland residents only, and you must show a paid sewer bill.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Schwartz is dedicated to helping people live fulfillng lives on their own terms.
The Dubois Branch Library was a welcomed addition to the community. And now, 10 years later, the...
Northeast Dubois Superintendent Bill Hochgesang has enjoyed being superintendent in the school...
Lindsey Welp is a saxophonist performing at 6 p.m. June 25 at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
Jasper native and saxophonist Lindsey Welp returns to her hometown on June 25 at 6 p.m. for an...
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...