Meeting: Holland Town CouncilJanuary 10, 2020
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Reorganized for 2020 with Tom Thacker remaining as president and Councilwoman Melanie Barrett tabbed as the municipal representative to the Holland Park Board and the Indiana 15 Regional Planning Commission board. The council will continue to meet at 6 p.m. the Wednesday following the first Monday of each month. Meetings are at Town Hall, 505 W. Main St.
• Gave an update on the town’s ongoing $1.13 million water tower upgrade. The substantial completion date for the 200,000-gallon Holland water tower near the elementary school remains Feb. 25. Thacker said the utility is waiting on an electrician to do work on the new Stendal water tower, with that project 86% complete. Project pay requests were approved for Midwestern Engineers, Loogootee, and Phoenix Fabricators & Erectors, Avon.
• Shared that 37 trees — some 20 feet tall — have been planted at Holland Park to replace those recently taken down. Council members encumbered $7,500 undisbursed funds from the park’s 2019 budget, with that money designated for reroofing the park’s log cabin and installing drainage tile and a security camera system. The trees were paid for with donations.
• Proposed a sanitary sewer inspection ordinance for the sale of homes, with Town Attorney Scott Blazey tasked with crafting it.
• Renewed a $9,500 fire-protection contract and a $4,200 recreation contract between the town and Cass Township.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new gymnasium is on its way to Northeast Dubois High School.
John Tretter is home. And he’s ready for a challenge. Tuesday morning, the Huntingburg man was...
He had a dream. On Sunday, Dubois County residents remembered it.
Jasper native Shalyn Grow marked an item off her acting bucket list last year. The 2013 Jasper...
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.