Meeting: Holland Town CouncilFebruary 7, 2019
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Learned the Holland Park Board will seek grants to assist in the possible construction of a “splash pad” at the park.
• Adopted a resolution to join the Dubois County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan sponsored by the Dubois County Emergency Management Agency.
• Voted to erect additional speed limit signs along Fifth Street and work with the Dubois County Highway Department to place “Reduced Speed Ahead” signs for traffic entering the corporate limits.
• Decided to post “No Parking” signs along the south side of East Mary Street.
• Entered into a sanitary sewer lift station maintenance contract with K & M Specialty Pumps & Systems Inc., Chandler.
• Decided to review a policy presented by Town Attorney Scott Blazey regulating street boring and excavation on public property. Council members plan to act on the policy during the March meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
I’ve enjoyed a few stadium shakers in my time, but it’s the anti-arena acts on the smaller...
The hottest ticket the last two weekends for an Indiana volunteer firefighter had to be the...
Although he is in the middle of his Congressional work in the nation’s capital, U.S. Sen. Mike...
Bark in the Parklands was a joint event between the Dubois County Humane Society and the Jasper...
In celebration of Newspapers in Education Week, we asked elementary schoolers from Ireland,...
More than 500 attendees flooded the Jasper Community Arts Center and parts of Vincennes...
Severe weather that included wind gusts approaching 50 mph left its mark on Dubois County...
The St. John Bosco Youth Ministry in Jasper has hired Jacqueline Ripberger as its new director.