Meeting: Holland Town CouncilFebruary 7, 2019
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Learned the Holland Park Board will seek grants to assist in the possible construction of a “splash pad” at the park.
• Adopted a resolution to join the Dubois County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan sponsored by the Dubois County Emergency Management Agency.
• Voted to erect additional speed limit signs along Fifth Street and work with the Dubois County Highway Department to place “Reduced Speed Ahead” signs for traffic entering the corporate limits.
• Decided to post “No Parking” signs along the south side of East Mary Street.
• Entered into a sanitary sewer lift station maintenance contract with K & M Specialty Pumps & Systems Inc., Chandler.
• Decided to review a policy presented by Town Attorney Scott Blazey regulating street boring and excavation on public property. Council members plan to act on the policy during the March meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For about 25 years, Bob Zimmerman has preserved a lost chapter of history at the Lincoln Boyhood...
When Logan and Alicia Clark moved to Celestine in 2011, they had dreams of their children some...
Though summer officially begins Friday, kids have been out of school and hopping around the...
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.