Meeting: Holland Town CouncilFebruary 7, 2019
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Learned the Holland Park Board will seek grants to assist in the possible construction of a “splash pad” at the park.
• Adopted a resolution to join the Dubois County Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan sponsored by the Dubois County Emergency Management Agency.
• Voted to erect additional speed limit signs along Fifth Street and work with the Dubois County Highway Department to place “Reduced Speed Ahead” signs for traffic entering the corporate limits.
• Decided to post “No Parking” signs along the south side of East Mary Street.
• Entered into a sanitary sewer lift station maintenance contract with K & M Specialty Pumps & Systems Inc., Chandler.
• Decided to review a policy presented by Town Attorney Scott Blazey regulating street boring and excavation on public property. Council members plan to act on the policy during the March meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Andrea Tooley enjoys working in the retail business, and now, she owns her own boutique on...
Last week, Maureen Braun of Jasper found herself among hundreds of volunteers decorating the...
As they strung the lights, pinned on the ornaments and hung the beaded garland, Mabel Linthicum...
Isabella Harmon and Tori Hemmerlein, 13, are two best friends on a mission of life. The Jasper...
It’s a nice message, really. A prideful sentiment that just might make you want to visit. That...
During a 23-year career with the U.S. Marine Corps, Dave Englert interpreted forecasts and...
It’s been 50 years, but Air Force veteran Diane Blume of Kyana still can’t watch war movies.
Although not one to seek the spotlight, Glenn Buechlein had no choice but to accept an award...