Meeting: Holland Town CouncilJuly 12, 2018
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing on a proposed water tower grant application.
• Heard that the Holland Volunteer Fire Department may replace its Cass Township-supplied 2003 Freightliner pumper with a 2011 Freightliner with only 7,000 miles on the odometer. The cramped department is also doing preliminary scouting for a site for a new, larger fire station.
• Stated that a proposal to repave a section of Meridian Street after lines are replaced will be put on hold because of the expense this year of repairing main breaks.
• Discussed the need to repair or replace Town Marshal Ron Drew’s patrol vehicle: a Dodge Durango.
• Invited the public to Holland Commons at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 22, for Debbie Schuetter LIVE!, a performance hosted by the Holland Community Festival. Free-will donations will be taken.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Though the days are long at the fairgrounds, most 4-Hers would not trade it for the world.
Soybean prices were dropping before tariffs were imposed, but have taken a steeper dive since then.
The Dubois County 4-H Robotics and Innovation Club embraces its members’ love for science and...
Much of the equipment in Forest Park Junior-Senior High School’s weight room is outdated or...
Enduring long days and hours of hard work, 4-H parents are by their children’s side through...
Several 4-H youth took part in the public speaking and demonstrations competition at the Dubois...
The committee studying the county’s justice system narrowed its focus down to four items at...
For the eighth time in a row, Southern Hills Counseling Center, Inc. earned the three-year CARF...