Meeting: Holland Town CouncilJuly 12, 2018
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing on a proposed water tower grant application.
• Heard that the Holland Volunteer Fire Department may replace its Cass Township-supplied 2003 Freightliner pumper with a 2011 Freightliner with only 7,000 miles on the odometer. The cramped department is also doing preliminary scouting for a site for a new, larger fire station.
• Stated that a proposal to repave a section of Meridian Street after lines are replaced will be put on hold because of the expense this year of repairing main breaks.
• Discussed the need to repair or replace Town Marshal Ron Drew’s patrol vehicle: a Dodge Durango.
• Invited the public to Holland Commons at 6 p.m. Sunday, July 22, for Debbie Schuetter LIVE!, a performance hosted by the Holland Community Festival. Free-will donations will be taken.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Huntingburg will complete six of its nine Stellar Communities-designated projects by the time...
It has been a good year for the arts in Jasper.
A community saw its labor come to fruition last month when Justyn Moffatt, 15, and his...
Chrisney Elementary School won one of up to 100 Title I Distinguished Schools Awards given...
Sally Saalman Mosby of Leopold will share her story during a Will Read and Sing for Food benefit...
Internships can tell a student a lot about their desired career path. Most of the time, that...
Jasper High School alumni Noah Bawel and Luke Hochgesang have created a website for JHS...
Southridge Middle School Guidance Counselor Doug Collins’ nail painting is one of several...