Meeting: Holland CouncilDecember 7, 2018
The Holland Town Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard a report from Dubois Strong President Ed Cole highlighting the economic development agency’s recent events, such as an Ag Summit and Manufacturing Day. Cole told council members about a new agriculture degree program available through Vincennes University Jasper Campus, Vincennes University and Purdue University. Cole also reported on a Regional Opportunities Initiative, which is a program involving an 11-county area.
• Received an updated water rate study from rate consultant Jeremy Callahan providing four possible scenarios for a rate increase to assist funding of a water tower improvement project for Holland and Stendal. A rate increase of about 25 percent is likely and will be the subject of a public hearing in January. Council President Tom Thacker said about 8 percent of that projected increase would be from projected 2019 increases being passed on by the Patoka Lake Regional Water and Sewer District and St. Henry Water Corp.
• Appointed Sheila Wendholt to the Holland Park Board to fill a vacant seat becoming available Jan. 1.
• Learned that the Holland Events Committee’s recent Christmas luncheon and tree lighting program was successful and plans are now under way for a 2019 version.
• Scheduled a year-end meeting for 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 27.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...