Meeting: Greater Jasper SchoolsJuly 27, 2021
The Greater Jasper School Board met Monday and:
• Approved two Eagle Scout projects, one involving building a bench at the Ireland Elementary School playground and one involving flagpole landscaping at the Jasper High School soccer fields.
• Approved the additional appropriation of $2 million into the corporation’s education fund.
• Approved additional compensation for Nick Eckert, who will provide an online health class for JHS students in addition to teaching full-time.
• Granted permission to Ireland Elementary to construct an outdoor learning space.
• Declared old computer equipment as surplus.
• Granted permission to fill any remaining positions within the corporation to make a full staff by the start of the school year. These hirings will be officially approved by the board at the August meeting, after the school year begins.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Rep. Steve Davisson, R-Salem, died Sunday after a lengthy battle with cancer.
The Indiana State Chiropractic Association recently named State Rep. Shane Lindauer, R-Jasper,...
Northeast Dubois Intermediate School students are adapting to the temporary changes that had to...
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Herbstfest.
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Little and Junior Miss Queen Pageant is set for 7:30 p.m. Friday...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants were Sunday at the...
Renovation plans for the Southwest Dubois County School Corporation, including a new athletic...
A recommended route for the Mid-States Corridor project is still on track to be identified by...