Meeting: Greater Jasper SchoolsJanuary 7, 2020
The Greater Jasper School Board met Monday and:
• Appointed officers for 2020. The officers are: Bernie Vogler, president; Ken Schnaus, vice president; and Greg Eckerle, secretary.
• Appointed Monica Young corporation treasurer with a bond of $50,000. The bond protects the corporation from financial mistakes and crimes.
• Set the monthly regular meetings for 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the corporation office, 1520 St Charles St., Jasper.
• Set the board member annual salary at $2,000.
• Appointed Arthur Nordhoff, Jr. board attorney for 2020 for a retainer of $6,500.
• Set bond limits for employees throughout the corporation who manage monetary accounts: corporation deputy treasurer Jackie Howard with a bond of $50,000; textbook rental treasurer April Hopf with a bond of $10,000; food service director Katie Knies with a bond of $10,000; Jasper High School extracurricular treasurer Tina Hilgediek with a bond of $10,000; high school athletic director Brian Lewis with a bond of $10,000; high school athletic secretary Theresa Stenftenagel with a bond of $10,000; Jasper Middle School athletic director Ben Mundy with a bond of $10,000; middle school athletic secretary Kathy Combs with a bond of $10,000; Fifth Street Elementary treasurer Gina Riehle with a bond of $7,500; Tenth Street Elementary treasurer Donna Uebelhor with a bond of $7,500; and Ireland Elementary treasurer Toni Reckelhoff with a bond of $7,500.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting and heard a report on investments and financial indicators from Superintendent Tracy Lorey.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Mya Englert, the winner of Forest Park Junior-Senior High School's Poetry Out Loud competition,...
When Jackson Wilhite, a 2012 Heritage Hills High School graduate, was in fifth grade, he had the...
As both postman and family man, Matt Lorey delivers.
A Jasper man received one of the state’s highest honors on Thursday night.
Shirley J. Ray believes we need to learn every day. As the first-ever director of the Dubois...