Meeting: Greater Jasper SchoolsJanuary 7, 2020
The Greater Jasper School Board met Monday and:
• Appointed officers for 2020. The officers are: Bernie Vogler, president; Ken Schnaus, vice president; and Greg Eckerle, secretary.
• Appointed Monica Young corporation treasurer with a bond of $50,000. The bond protects the corporation from financial mistakes and crimes.
• Set the monthly regular meetings for 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month at the corporation office, 1520 St Charles St., Jasper.
• Set the board member annual salary at $2,000.
• Appointed Arthur Nordhoff, Jr. board attorney for 2020 for a retainer of $6,500.
• Set bond limits for employees throughout the corporation who manage monetary accounts: corporation deputy treasurer Jackie Howard with a bond of $50,000; textbook rental treasurer April Hopf with a bond of $10,000; food service director Katie Knies with a bond of $10,000; Jasper High School extracurricular treasurer Tina Hilgediek with a bond of $10,000; high school athletic director Brian Lewis with a bond of $10,000; high school athletic secretary Theresa Stenftenagel with a bond of $10,000; Jasper Middle School athletic director Ben Mundy with a bond of $10,000; middle school athletic secretary Kathy Combs with a bond of $10,000; Fifth Street Elementary treasurer Gina Riehle with a bond of $7,500; Tenth Street Elementary treasurer Donna Uebelhor with a bond of $7,500; and Ireland Elementary treasurer Toni Reckelhoff with a bond of $7,500.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting and heard a report on investments and financial indicators from Superintendent Tracy Lorey.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new COVID-19 cases.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.