Meeting: Greater Jasper SchoolsJanuary 3, 2019
The Greater Jasper School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the following slate of officers for 2019: Bernie Vogler, president; Ken Schnaus, vice president; and Greg Eckerle, secretary.
• Approved Monica Young as the corporation treasurer and set the bond limit for the position at $50,000. The limit protects the corporation against white collar crimes, such as embezzlement.
• Set the board meeting for 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month at the corporation office, 1520 St. Charles St., Jasper.
• Set the board members’ pay at $2,000 for the year.
• Approved hiring attorney Art Nordhoff to continue representing the corporation for $6,500 for the year.
• Approved the following treasurers and bond limits throughout the corporation: Deputy Treasurer Jackie Howard with a bond of $50,000; Book Rental Treasurer April Hopf with a bond of $10,000; Lunch Program Treasurer Kate Knies with a bond of $10,000; Jasper High School Extracurricular Treasurer Tina Hilgediek with a bond of $10,000; High School Athletic Director Andy Noblitt with a bond of $10,000; High School Athletic Secretary Theresa Stenftenagel with a bond of $10,000; Jasper Middle School Athletic Director Ben Mundy with a bond of $10,000; Middle School Athletic Secretary Kathy Combs with a bond of $10,000; Fifth Street School Treasurer Chelsea Seibert with a bond of $7,500; Tenth Street School Treasurer Donna Uebelhor with a bond of $7,500; and Ireland Elementary Treasurer Toni Reckelhoff with a bond of $7,500. Approved transferring the appropriate funds into the newly formed education and operations funds in accordance with state laws.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to hear a report on the corporation’s investments.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.
A vigil is planned next month to mark what will be six months since Daniel Grannan went missing...
In 1940, Mary George Kissel and Theresita Schenk — along with 11 other young women —...
SERVUS!, headquartered in Jasper, announced Thursday the sale of its Denny’s restaurant...
Participants can now vote to determine the winners in The Herald's annual Best Of Dubois County...