Meeting: Greater Jasper SchoolsJanuary 3, 2019
The Greater Jasper School Board met Thursday and:
• Approved the following slate of officers for 2019: Bernie Vogler, president; Ken Schnaus, vice president; and Greg Eckerle, secretary.
• Approved Monica Young as the corporation treasurer and set the bond limit for the position at $50,000. The limit protects the corporation against white collar crimes, such as embezzlement.
• Set the board meeting for 7 p.m. on the fourth Monday of each month at the corporation office, 1520 St. Charles St., Jasper.
• Set the board members’ pay at $2,000 for the year.
• Approved hiring attorney Art Nordhoff to continue representing the corporation for $6,500 for the year.
• Approved the following treasurers and bond limits throughout the corporation: Deputy Treasurer Jackie Howard with a bond of $50,000; Book Rental Treasurer April Hopf with a bond of $10,000; Lunch Program Treasurer Kate Knies with a bond of $10,000; Jasper High School Extracurricular Treasurer Tina Hilgediek with a bond of $10,000; High School Athletic Director Andy Noblitt with a bond of $10,000; High School Athletic Secretary Theresa Stenftenagel with a bond of $10,000; Jasper Middle School Athletic Director Ben Mundy with a bond of $10,000; Middle School Athletic Secretary Kathy Combs with a bond of $10,000; Fifth Street School Treasurer Chelsea Seibert with a bond of $7,500; Tenth Street School Treasurer Donna Uebelhor with a bond of $7,500; and Ireland Elementary Treasurer Toni Reckelhoff with a bond of $7,500. Approved transferring the appropriate funds into the newly formed education and operations funds in accordance with state laws.
• Held the annual board of finance meeting to hear a report on the corporation’s investments.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...
If everything goes according to schedule, Northeast Dubois Schools will have a junior-senior...
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.