Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilJune 16, 2021
The Ferdinand Town Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the Old Town Lake kayak launch and fishing pier are complete and almost ready for the public.
• Discussed the potential installation of a four-way stop at Ninth and Virginia streets. Town Council President Ken Sicard said he has been discussing the idea with businesses and will follow up at the July council meeting.
• Accepted the low bid from J.H. Rudolph & Co. Inc. of $214,123.18 with an additional price of $395 per unit of soil that needs to be removed for the Community Crossings Matching Grant projects. This will go toward repaving streets across the town later this year.
• Discussed how neighbors can be notified by the press or by door hangers if their streets will be affected by CCMG paving.
• Passed a resolution allowing town board and council members to attend meetings virtually. The public must also be able to view the meetings virtually. The resolution states that at least 50% of members must be present in person at the meeting, and every member attending virtually must be able to hear and observe every board member participating.
• Approved a request from a title company to release a cleanup lien that has been paid but was never released.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.