Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilAugust 19, 2020
The Ferdinand Town Council met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the Dubois County Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony for Wellness Matters Chiropractic, which is located at 301 E. First St. in Ferdinand. The ceremony will take place today at 4 p.m.
• Approved extending the town’s local emergency order into September.
• Heard that leadership is working on an update as to what processes would be followed if a town employee contracted COVID-19.
• Approved burn permits for the American Legion barbecues held through April 2021.
• Approved Don Foerster to attend a code enforcement webinar later this month. The cost of the webinar is $50.
• Approved a shredding and recycling agreement with Kimball International. Town hall and department papers will now be destroyed and recycled at Kimball at no cost to the town.
• Heard that town council member Debbie Johnson will form an insurance committee that investigates employee health insurance and presents a recommendation to the council.
• Approved paying Hughes Paving for roadwork that the company completed as part of the town's Community Crossings funding.
• Heard that the town's street, water, sanitary sewer and electric departments are working on specs for a multi-department backhoe. Quotes have not yet been requested for the piece of equipment.
• Heard that the council will host a special meeting to adopt the 2021 budget on Tuesday, Sept. 29, at 5:30 p.m., at town hall, 2065 Main St.
• Heard that the council's next regular meeting will take place at the Ferdinand Community Center, 1710 Community Dr., at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 15. A budget hearing will be held at 7:50 p.m. during that meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...
A new officer has been added to the Huntingburg Police Department.