Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilMarch 5, 2020
The Ferdinand Town Council met in a special meeting Wednesday and:
• Approved a temporary easement agreement with TC Energy — a Canadian company with infrastructure throughout North America — in conjunction with a gas line upgrade TC Energy must complete near the intersection of 23rd Street and Industrial Park Road. The easement allows TC Energy to use the town’s property near the intersection for the duration of the project, which is expected to begin March 16 and run three months. During the project, the recycling center that operates on the property will move to Fifth Street near the sports complex. The approval is conditional upon TC Energy making the town’s requested changes to the agreement.
• Approved a waiver of the requirement that TC Energy provide written notice of the project and need for the easement at least 45 days prior to the start of the project.
• Approved seeking quotes for striping work on Industrial Park Road near the CVS Pharmacy and McDonald’s. The striping is meant to alleviate parking and traffic concerns in the area.
• Approved Clerk-Treasurer Tammy Miller to sign a contract with Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center for employee health screenings for town employees.
• Heard that Town Wide Clean Up will be held on April 14 for the west side of town and April 15 for the east side of town, with April 16 added if necessary. During Town Wide Clean Up, residents can put large items or piles of trash on the curb with two trash stickers per pile for disposal.
• Heard that the park board moved its monthly meeting to the second Wednesday of each month beginning in April.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported no new COVID-19 cases today.
Following monthslong fermatas, the collective steps and sounds of marching bands are filling...
The Dubois County Health Department reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 in the county Tuesday —...
I watched “Jaws.” Again. It’s my summer tradition; every summer is my summer of the shark.
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 15 new COVID-19 cases.
The courts are starting up jury trials again. But doing that safely might mean holding them...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...