Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilMay 9, 2019
The Ferdinand Town Council met in a special meeting Wednesday and:
• Opened bids for road work that will be completed through the Community Crossings matching grant program from the Indiana Department of Transportation. Projects include Scenic Industrial Drive, 21st Street, 20th Street and Krampe Drive. The council took the bids under advisement.
• Approved a bid from E&B Paving of Evansville for the town’s portion of a joint project on Industrial Park Road with the county. The town’s portion of the project has a base bid of $184,370.95.
• Approved advertising an opening for a journeyman/lineman for the electric department.
• Rescinded a previous ordinance regarding the wholesale water rate for St. Henry and approved a new ordinance that sets the rate at $5.67 per 1,000 gallons of water with a minimum of 35,000 gallons per month for $198.40.
• Approved increasing the number of reserve police officers the police department can employ from six to eight. The department has plans to hire seven reserve officers.
• Approved several quotes for electrical equipment for the town’s electric upgrade. The town will purchase three regulators from Howard Industries of Laurel, Mississippi, for $61,620, five three-phase reclosers from Eaton Power Systems of Waukesha, Wisconsin, for $112,785 and various switches from Smith Sales Company of Plainfield for $36,665.
• Approved the Kona Ice truck to park at 18th Street Park from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday in conjunction with a Forest Park Junior-Senior High School student council event.
• Reviewed a tax abatement for Begle Properties that began in 2016 and covers two duplexes and phase one of an apartment complex. The council found Begle Properties in compliance with the terms of the abatement.
• Approved hiring summer recreation employees in the parks department.
• Heard that the grand opening for the veterans memorial along State Road 162 on the town’s north side will be at 2 p.m. Monday, May 27.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...
Holland Events Committee Inc. presented a $5,000 donation to Holland Elementary School for...
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...