Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilApril 16, 2019
The Ferdinand Town Council met in a special meeting Monday and:
• Accepted the Community Crossings matching grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation for paving projects. The town has planned projects on Scenic Industrial Drive, 21st Street, 20th Street and Krampe Drive, as well as a joint project with the county for Industrial Park Road. The grant will cover $638,274, and the town must cover $212,758.
• Approved a proposal from Universal Design Associates of Ferdinand for final designs and bid documents for the Community Crossings projects for $9,700.
• Approved advertising for bids for the Community Crossings projects. Bids for the Industrial Park Road project will be opened in a joint meeting with the County Commissioners at 9 a.m. Monday, May 6. Bids for the other projects will be opened at a special town council meeting at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 8.
• Reviewed adding a curb at the veterans’ memorial being built on Pine Street on the north side of town. The memorial is visible from State Road 162 and will also serve as a welcome sign into town. The council will make the final decision on the curb addition at its regular meeting, set for 7:30 p.m. today at town hall, 2065 Main St.
• Approved hiring Kendra Schipp as summer office help for up to 40 hours per week and to keep her on staff part-time through the fall and winter. Schipp attends the University of Southern Indiana and will graduate in December.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...
Holland Events Committee Inc. presented a $5,000 donation to Holland Elementary School for...
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...