Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilApril 16, 2019
The Ferdinand Town Council met in a special meeting Monday and:
• Accepted the Community Crossings matching grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation for paving projects. The town has planned projects on Scenic Industrial Drive, 21st Street, 20th Street and Krampe Drive, as well as a joint project with the county for Industrial Park Road. The grant will cover $638,274, and the town must cover $212,758.
• Approved a proposal from Universal Design Associates of Ferdinand for final designs and bid documents for the Community Crossings projects for $9,700.
• Approved advertising for bids for the Community Crossings projects. Bids for the Industrial Park Road project will be opened in a joint meeting with the County Commissioners at 9 a.m. Monday, May 6. Bids for the other projects will be opened at a special town council meeting at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 8.
• Reviewed adding a curb at the veterans’ memorial being built on Pine Street on the north side of town. The memorial is visible from State Road 162 and will also serve as a welcome sign into town. The council will make the final decision on the curb addition at its regular meeting, set for 7:30 p.m. today at town hall, 2065 Main St.
• Approved hiring Kendra Schipp as summer office help for up to 40 hours per week and to keep her on staff part-time through the fall and winter. Schipp attends the University of Southern Indiana and will graduate in December.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter has promoted Sgt. Robbie Lambert to Jasper...