Meeting: Ferdinand Town CouncilApril 16, 2019
The Ferdinand Town Council met in a special meeting Monday and:
• Accepted the Community Crossings matching grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation for paving projects. The town has planned projects on Scenic Industrial Drive, 21st Street, 20th Street and Krampe Drive, as well as a joint project with the county for Industrial Park Road. The grant will cover $638,274, and the town must cover $212,758.
• Approved a proposal from Universal Design Associates of Ferdinand for final designs and bid documents for the Community Crossings projects for $9,700.
• Approved advertising for bids for the Community Crossings projects. Bids for the Industrial Park Road project will be opened in a joint meeting with the County Commissioners at 9 a.m. Monday, May 6. Bids for the other projects will be opened at a special town council meeting at 10 a.m. Wednesday, May 8.
• Reviewed adding a curb at the veterans’ memorial being built on Pine Street on the north side of town. The memorial is visible from State Road 162 and will also serve as a welcome sign into town. The council will make the final decision on the curb addition at its regular meeting, set for 7:30 p.m. today at town hall, 2065 Main St.
• Approved hiring Kendra Schipp as summer office help for up to 40 hours per week and to keep her on staff part-time through the fall and winter. Schipp attends the University of Southern Indiana and will graduate in December.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, local artisans are stocking up on elastic and fabrics while...
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...