Meeting: Ferdinand Plan CommissionAugust 23, 2018
The Ferdinand Plan Commission met Wednesday and:
• Approved building permits for: Kevin and Kim Fleck to build a pergola at 1025 Northview Dr.; Kyle Aders to build a roof and patio at 602 E. Sixth St.; Ashley Boeglin to build a garage at 322 E. Fifth St.; Joseph Werner to build a grain dryer at 9354 South 75 East; Kurt Rottet to build a shed at 8249 South 75 East; Kenny Voegerl to build a yard shed at 343 W. 11th St.; RND development to install a pole sign at 1250 Main St.; American Producers Supply to install a wall sign at 110 Scenic Industrial Dr.; and Cyril Englert to build a fence at 611 E. Fifth St.
• Approved a rezoning for the property at 2300/2400 Industrial Park Road for a development by Kerstiens Development Inc. of Jasper from an agriculture zone to a residential zone. The rezoning now goes to the town council for a final decision.
• Approved a preliminary plat for Kerstiens Development Inc. for a subdivision at 2300/2400 Industrial Park Road, contingent on approval from department heads and edits to the restrictive covenants. The commission also discussed stormwater drainage and where the responsibility for maintaining a retention basin that is part of the development falls.
• Heard that the stormwater system at Begle Apartments on the Industrial Park Bypass is working.
• Heard that the stormwater system at the nursing home project at Monastery of Immaculate Conception is in place.
• Heard that the Wollenmann House is in the process of getting a state fire marshal release for owner Tammy Bedolla to live upstairs. She recently opened Soup-n-Such Bistro in the building.
• Established 981 14th Street as the address for the Old Town Lake and the planned park.
• Heard that the address of Schlachter house should be 2305 Pine Dr., not 2305 23rd St.
• Heard that Dollar General’s address should be 1805 Main St., not 1801 Main St.
• Decided to update the town’s builders packet, which includes forms for various permits. The commission will further discuss changes at its next meeting, set for 7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...