Meeting: Dubois County CouncilJanuary 28, 2020
The Dubois County Council met Monday and:
• Heard an update on the Mid-States Corridor from Mark Schroeder of the project’s Regional Development Authority.
• Re-elected Jerry Hunefeld as board president and Craig Greulich as vice president.
• Approved the Dubois County Community Corrections 2020 budget. The department’s budget needs to be approved by both the county and the Indiana Department of Correction. However, the IDOC gave its approval well after the county was required to submit its budgets to the Indiana Department of Local Government Finance. So county approval had to wait until January and be done as a series of additional appropriations. Those appropriations that encompass the budget are: community corrections grant, $965,158; project income, $643,492; community transition program, $10,385; and temporary assistance for needy families, $24,749.
• Allocated to the Dubois County Substance Abuse Council the $31,762.25 collected from offenders in user fees in 2019. The money is used to provide grants and run the council’s program to educate about and deter substance abuse in the county.
• Appropriated $50,000 to cover the costs for small structures, like culverts and bridges shorter than 20 feet, to be inspected in the county.
• Tabled a resolution that wold allow the sheriff’s office more flexibility in how commissary revenue is used, which is allowed by the state. Some of the uses listed in the resolution conflict with the county’s employee handbook of policies. The matter will be discussed at the council’s March meeting.
• Set future monthly meetings for Monday, April 20, and Monday, May 18. Meetings have already been set for Monday, Feb. 24, and Monday, March 30. All meetings start at 4:30 p.m. in the commissioners/council chambers, on the second floor of the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.