Meeting: Dubois County CouncilMay 21, 2019
The Dubois County Council met Monday and:
• Appropriated $20,000 to Dubois Superior Court’s pauper counsel fund.
• Consented to advertise for money to fund a new 911 dispatcher position for the second half of this year. The board will consider the appropriation, which will be a little more than $20,000, at its June 24 meeting.
• Appropriated for the county highway department $1 million for upcoming paving projects, $420,000 for the department’s other services fund, $165,000 for tools and stone and $80,000 for bituminous materials.
• Consented to advertising from the county’s Local Income Tax fund $100,000 to repair St. Anthony Road West south of the road’s intersection with County Road 350 South, where the road and hill has slid, damaging the road. The work calls for removing the damaged fill under the road, refilling it with sand, adding pipe and covering with stone; it will be paved next year, County Engineer Brent Wendholt explained. If the funding is approved, work would start in July, Wendholt said. The area is still closed to traffic.
• Directed county department heads to include in their proposed 2020 budgets a 2.5% pay raise for employees. Each department submits its budget request to the council, which reviews all proposals in August.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...