Meeting: Dubois County CouncilMarch 20, 2019
The Dubois County Council met Monday afternoon and:
• Appropriated $45,000 from its general fund to pay for the costs of establishing a human resources position in the county. As of Monday, three applications had been received for the human resources director position, Auditor Sandy Morton told the Dubois County Commissioners Monday morning. The deadline for applications is March 22.
• Transferred within the treasurer’s budget $2,500 from its supplies line item to its service, repair and maintenance line item.
• Appropriated for the Court-Appointed Special Advocate program $2,000 for travel expenses and $800 for marketing expenses.
• Appropriated for the health department $1,898.71, which is money the department has received in donations.
• Appropriated $1,000 for the county sex offender registry, which was requested by Sheriff Tom Kleinhelter.
• Consented to advertise for funding to repair an elevator used by employees in the Dubois County Courthouse. The commissioners agreed Monday to hire Oracle Elevator Co. of Evansville to repair the elevator for $3,340. The council must advertise the appropriation before giving it final approval.
• Appointed Allen Smock to the Life Springs Board, which is the organization with which Southern Hills Counseling Center has consolidated. Smock’s term is for three years.
• Set its meetings for the rest of the year. Regular meetings will be held at 4:30 p.m. on April 22, May 20, June 24, July 22, Sept. 23, Oct. 28, Nov. 18 and Dec. 9. The daylong meeting to the review the county’s 2020 budget will start at 8 a.m. Aug. 12. A public hearing for the county’s budget will be at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 8. And a year-end meeting will be held at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 30. All meetings will be held in the commissioners/council room, on the second floor of the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay exploring diversity among Generation Z in Dubois and surrounding counties.
In the last 50 years, what began as a part-time gig for Thermwood CEO Ken Susnjara while he...
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.
Wade Pierce believes there’s a beer out there for everybody. Perhaps you haven’t found your...
This weekend marks the third weekend of November, and in Ferdinand that means the Olde World is...
This is your chance to say you knew them before they were famous. Their journey started at Dance...
This semester, 28 students are enrolled in the Career Advancement Partnership program at...