Meeting: Dubois County CouncilMarch 20, 2019
The Dubois County Council met Monday afternoon and:
• Appropriated $45,000 from its general fund to pay for the costs of establishing a human resources position in the county. As of Monday, three applications had been received for the human resources director position, Auditor Sandy Morton told the Dubois County Commissioners Monday morning. The deadline for applications is March 22.
• Transferred within the treasurer’s budget $2,500 from its supplies line item to its service, repair and maintenance line item.
• Appropriated for the Court-Appointed Special Advocate program $2,000 for travel expenses and $800 for marketing expenses.
• Appropriated for the health department $1,898.71, which is money the department has received in donations.
• Appropriated $1,000 for the county sex offender registry, which was requested by Sheriff Tom Kleinhelter.
• Consented to advertise for funding to repair an elevator used by employees in the Dubois County Courthouse. The commissioners agreed Monday to hire Oracle Elevator Co. of Evansville to repair the elevator for $3,340. The council must advertise the appropriation before giving it final approval.
• Appointed Allen Smock to the Life Springs Board, which is the organization with which Southern Hills Counseling Center has consolidated. Smock’s term is for three years.
• Set its meetings for the rest of the year. Regular meetings will be held at 4:30 p.m. on April 22, May 20, June 24, July 22, Sept. 23, Oct. 28, Nov. 18 and Dec. 9. The daylong meeting to the review the county’s 2020 budget will start at 8 a.m. Aug. 12. A public hearing for the county’s budget will be at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 8. And a year-end meeting will be held at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 30. All meetings will be held in the commissioners/council room, on the second floor of the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Ireland Elementary is saying, “Salutations,” to the school year with a reading initiative...
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...
While many newlyweds choose a tropical getaway for their honeymoon, 2015 Jasper High School...
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...