Meeting: Dubois County CouncilMarch 20, 2019
The Dubois County Council met Monday afternoon and:
• Appropriated $45,000 from its general fund to pay for the costs of establishing a human resources position in the county. As of Monday, three applications had been received for the human resources director position, Auditor Sandy Morton told the Dubois County Commissioners Monday morning. The deadline for applications is March 22.
• Transferred within the treasurer’s budget $2,500 from its supplies line item to its service, repair and maintenance line item.
• Appropriated for the Court-Appointed Special Advocate program $2,000 for travel expenses and $800 for marketing expenses.
• Appropriated for the health department $1,898.71, which is money the department has received in donations.
• Appropriated $1,000 for the county sex offender registry, which was requested by Sheriff Tom Kleinhelter.
• Consented to advertise for funding to repair an elevator used by employees in the Dubois County Courthouse. The commissioners agreed Monday to hire Oracle Elevator Co. of Evansville to repair the elevator for $3,340. The council must advertise the appropriation before giving it final approval.
• Appointed Allen Smock to the Life Springs Board, which is the organization with which Southern Hills Counseling Center has consolidated. Smock’s term is for three years.
• Set its meetings for the rest of the year. Regular meetings will be held at 4:30 p.m. on April 22, May 20, June 24, July 22, Sept. 23, Oct. 28, Nov. 18 and Dec. 9. The daylong meeting to the review the county’s 2020 budget will start at 8 a.m. Aug. 12. A public hearing for the county’s budget will be at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 8. And a year-end meeting will be held at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 30. All meetings will be held in the commissioners/council room, on the second floor of the Dubois County Courthouse Annex, 602 Main St., Jasper.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In the morning of a historic day set in the middle of a pandemic, Misty McDonald hugged her...
Stamps received his medical degree and completed his residency at Indiana University School of...
Six years ago today, Huntingburg was named a Stellar Community. A grand opening was held today...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today the county's 13th death related to COVID-19.
Mark Messmer, chairman of the Dubois County Republican Party, filed the challenge Monday evening...
Of the county’s 729 cases, 535 have recovered and 13 deaths have been reported. A total of...
Like many summer festivals before it, the Holland Community Festival will look a little...
Mask-clad teachers and staff members lined the sidewalk on the east end of the building holding...