Meeting: Dubois County CouncilNovember 27, 2018
The Dubois County Council met Monday and:
• Approved Sheriff Donny Lampert to move forward with the purchasing of parts required for a new chiller for the jail. Lampert said the current system has been repaired and patched, and a new one is needed. He explained that even though talks of a new jail have been in the works, replacing the chiller is necessary in the interim. Dubois County Commissioner Elmer Brames added that the current chiller is running, but not very well. Three quotes for the chiller have been received, with the low bid coming in at $116,000. Those bids will be discussed at the council’s next meeting, scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, in the courthouse annex, 602 Main St, Jasper. A bid for the new chiller would need to be awarded soon because the work must be completed in the winter.
• Approved the spending of county funds, including $4,200 from the St. Charles annex maintenance fund on the replacement of handicap door parts and $40,000 from the general fund on pauper counsel.
• Appropriated $150 in CASA donations to spend on supplies, $1,850 in CASA donations to spend on travel and cell phones costs; and $100,000 from economic development funds to the future jail study.
• Approved the upgrading of the phone system at the courthouse annex, health department and the prosecutor’s office by Matrix Integration for $136,000. The current system is about 20 years old.
• Heard from Brames that Greg Schnarr was named the county attorney by the Dubois County Commissioners earlier in the day. Schnarr’s potential appointment as the county council’s attorney will be discussed at the Dec. 10 meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...