Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Public LibraryMarch 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the format of new staff orientations has changed to reflect the organization as a whole rather than focusing mostly on the branch where the employee will be working. The change was identified as a need in the library’s strategic plan.
• Heard that the format for performance evaluations changed from a simple rating system to more of a one-on-one conversation. That change is also part of the library’s strategic plan.
• Heard that the redesign of the website is moving along and will hopefully be live before the summer reading program starts. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same.
• Heard that the libraries are transitioning to an online circulation system that will allow librarians more flexibility. For example, with the online system librarians can sign people up for library cards at off-site events. The Jasper board did the same.
• Heard an update on two bills going through the Indiana legislature that affect libraries. The first, House Bill 1343, would give county councils oversight of the library budgets. Another, Senate Bill 64, would require yearly background checks for any program performers and volunteers who come into the library and work with children under age 14. Both bills are currently in committees. The Jasper board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
As days, weeks and months of social distancing push ahead into an uncertain future, meaningful...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Although park facilities — with the exception of playgrounds — were cleared to reopen last...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?