Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Public LibraryMarch 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the format of new staff orientations has changed to reflect the organization as a whole rather than focusing mostly on the branch where the employee will be working. The change was identified as a need in the library’s strategic plan.
• Heard that the format for performance evaluations changed from a simple rating system to more of a one-on-one conversation. That change is also part of the library’s strategic plan.
• Heard that the redesign of the website is moving along and will hopefully be live before the summer reading program starts. The Jasper Public Library Board did the same.
• Heard that the libraries are transitioning to an online circulation system that will allow librarians more flexibility. For example, with the online system librarians can sign people up for library cards at off-site events. The Jasper board did the same.
• Heard an update on two bills going through the Indiana legislature that affect libraries. The first, House Bill 1343, would give county councils oversight of the library budgets. Another, Senate Bill 64, would require yearly background checks for any program performers and volunteers who come into the library and work with children under age 14. Both bills are currently in committees. The Jasper board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...
From 1952 to 1956, Herb Welp was surrounded by nature unlike the kind found in Southwest...
When Tanner Kane went to his first rodeo, he thought he was just going to watch.
The Rotary Club of Jasper, hosting its eighth annual ATHENA International Leadership Award...
Doctors are unsure how Brian Arensman contracted the flesh-eating bacteria that took both his...
Jason Stamm recognizes the region has a need for a new baseball league: one that would offer...
The administrative team at Southeast Dubois Schools will welcome two new members this fall when...