Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Public LibraryFebruary 15, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Public Library met Thursday and:
• Welcomed Nona Baker to the board. She takes the seat vacated by Dean Vonderheide, who left the board to become mayor of Jasper. The Jasper board did the same.
• Approved the 2019 non-resident fee of $54. Paying the fee allows people living outside the library’s service area to use its services. Director Christine Golden said the service is used primarily by people in French Lick and Shoals who use the Dubois Branch. The Jasper board did the same.
• Discussed a redesign of the library’s website and approved Golden to seek quotes and accept the quote from the most responsive bidder with a cap of $10,000. The Jasper board did the same.
• Heard a report from Birdseye Branch Manager AmyJo Lytle. The branch got a new staff member last year, and the staff is planning to grow program offerings, including a STEM — science, technology, engineering and math — program for home-schooled students. Lytle also said that the library’s internet connection is key for the people it serves.
• Heard that Jenna Steltenpohl moved from the Jasper Branch to the Ferdinand Branch to serve as Ferdinand’s youth service librarian.
• Heard that the Dubois Branch hired Jasmine Vonderheide as its youth service librarian.
• Heard that the library is running a program in March through the Beanstack reading program management app. Anyone who makes an account on the app and reads one book during the month of March will be entered into a grand-prize drawing. The program is part of an effort to get as many people using the app as possible before summer reading starts.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...
Brightly colored balloons clung to the walls of Northeast Dubois High School science teacher...
A smile spread across Craig Weyer’s face Wednesday morning as the coffee beans turning in his...
French Lick Resort’s two newest attractions officially opened on Friday.
The bulk of Historic Fourth Street’s redesign is complete.
Mary (Fierst) Miller-Wright remembers the first time she flew.
A photo essay exploring diversity among Generation Z in Dubois and surrounding counties.