Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected Heidi Erhard vice president. The former vice president, Tammy Kiefer, had to step down from the board due to her work schedule.
• Heard that this week is National Library Workers week. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Heard that Joan Knies of Jasper joined the staff at the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the summer reading program — renamed the summer learning program — is six weeks away. The theme this year is A Universe of Stories and will focus on space. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Approved the Ferdinand Branch to be used for early voting April 29 through May 3.
• Heard that House Bill 1343, which would give the fiscal body of a city, town or county with a library oversight of the library’s budget, had its last committee hearing Thursday. Library Director Christine Golden expects the bill to pass. The Jasper Board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...
Holland Events Committee Inc. presented a $5,000 donation to Holland Elementary School for...
Two Jasper brothers whose actions reporting a fire during the holidays saved the home of an...
Two new officers and a new K-9 officer joined the Huntingburg Police Department force Tuesday.
A youth center in the works in Birdseye could open by the end of summer.
The Forest Park High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 2 p.m. Saturday in Buechler Arena,...