Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected Heidi Erhard vice president. The former vice president, Tammy Kiefer, had to step down from the board due to her work schedule.
• Heard that this week is National Library Workers week. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Heard that Joan Knies of Jasper joined the staff at the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the summer reading program — renamed the summer learning program — is six weeks away. The theme this year is A Universe of Stories and will focus on space. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Approved the Ferdinand Branch to be used for early voting April 29 through May 3.
• Heard that House Bill 1343, which would give the fiscal body of a city, town or county with a library oversight of the library’s budget, had its last committee hearing Thursday. Library Director Christine Golden expects the bill to pass. The Jasper Board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.
Seventy-five years after his heroic death, the father of a Jasper woman was recently honored in...
Dubois County Community Corrections has been on the search for grant funding to help replace...
Ferdinand Park Board President Matt Weyer hears a lot of excitement around town when the Old...