Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected Heidi Erhard vice president. The former vice president, Tammy Kiefer, had to step down from the board due to her work schedule.
• Heard that this week is National Library Workers week. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Heard that Joan Knies of Jasper joined the staff at the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the summer reading program — renamed the summer learning program — is six weeks away. The theme this year is A Universe of Stories and will focus on space. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Approved the Ferdinand Branch to be used for early voting April 29 through May 3.
• Heard that House Bill 1343, which would give the fiscal body of a city, town or county with a library oversight of the library’s budget, had its last committee hearing Thursday. Library Director Christine Golden expects the bill to pass. The Jasper Board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A smile spread across Craig Weyer’s face Wednesday morning as the coffee beans turning in his...
French Lick Resort’s two newest attractions officially opened on Friday.
The bulk of Historic Fourth Street’s redesign is complete.
Mary (Fierst) Miller-Wright remembers the first time she flew.
A photo essay exploring diversity among Generation Z in Dubois and surrounding counties.
In the last 50 years, what began as a part-time gig for Thermwood CEO Ken Susnjara while he...
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.