Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected Heidi Erhard vice president. The former vice president, Tammy Kiefer, had to step down from the board due to her work schedule.
• Heard that this week is National Library Workers week. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Heard that Joan Knies of Jasper joined the staff at the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the summer reading program — renamed the summer learning program — is six weeks away. The theme this year is A Universe of Stories and will focus on space. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Approved the Ferdinand Branch to be used for early voting April 29 through May 3.
• Heard that House Bill 1343, which would give the fiscal body of a city, town or county with a library oversight of the library’s budget, had its last committee hearing Thursday. Library Director Christine Golden expects the bill to pass. The Jasper Board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
School staff directed traffic at Pine Ridge Elementary Thursday morning as cars poured into the...
Joyce Martin wanted one more ride. Horses have surrounded the 82-year-old woman her entire life....
U.S. Sen. Mike Braun was the featured speaker at the Dubois Strong annual meeting Thursday.
When and how the Mid-States Corridor will be completed after the initial study on the project is...
Tuesday evening, Dr. Arthur Provisor spoke at the Dubois County Leukemia Association’s annual...
When Pine Ridge Elementary preschool teacher Marilyn Stevens, 32, takes her class outside in the...
This is a story so wacky that you, the reader, might find yourself rereading lines from it over...
The Northeast Dubois School Board approved moving forward with a renovation to Northeast Dubois...