Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Elected Heidi Erhard vice president. The former vice president, Tammy Kiefer, had to step down from the board due to her work schedule.
• Heard that this week is National Library Workers week. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Heard that Joan Knies of Jasper joined the staff at the Ferdinand Branch.
• Heard that the summer reading program — renamed the summer learning program — is six weeks away. The theme this year is A Universe of Stories and will focus on space. The Jasper Board did the same.
• Approved the Ferdinand Branch to be used for early voting April 29 through May 3.
• Heard that House Bill 1343, which would give the fiscal body of a city, town or county with a library oversight of the library’s budget, had its last committee hearing Thursday. Library Director Christine Golden expects the bill to pass. The Jasper Board did the same.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Kimball International Inc. announced today a new organizational structure to drive market share...
More than 100 people attended the rally, many holding their own signs and wearing shirts that...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 21 new positive COVID-19 cases.
For 200 years, higher education in Dubois County has responded to community needs. That...
Today's Herald looks a little different, but it's a change that was necessary.
Dubois County recorded its 12th death today related to COVID-19.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
A photo essay by the Herald photography staff inspired by the paintings of Thomas Cole.