Meeting: Dubois County Contractual Library BoardDecember 14, 2018
The Dubois County Contractual Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the staff have been participating in professional development activities about fundraising as part of the strategic plan.
• Heard that the recent Will Read and Sing For Food show raised about $1,300 for the libraries.
• Approved the 2019 salary resolution. The Jasper board did the same.
• Approved the 2019 stipend resolution, which gives a one-time stipend equal to 7 percent of their pay to full-time employees. The Jasper board did the same.
• Scheduled the 2019 finance meeting to take place at the January board meeting, set for 4 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 10, at the Jasper Library Annex, 1103 Main St. The Jasper board did the same.
• Approved a resolution to establish a certificate of deposit for the library at the bank with the best rate.
• Approved the 2018 encumbrances to close the budget year. The move allows projects that were budgeted for in 2018 but not completed to be carried into 2019. Work on the columns at the Dubois Branch and on the retention pond at the Ferdinand Branch were carried over.
• Heard that winter reading will begin on Jan. 2 and run for a month. The program will be offered both on paper and through the Beanstack application, which is built to help libraries manage reading challenges. This will be the first time the library system uses Beanstack.
• Heard that the borrowing period for DVDs will change to seven days on Monday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...